This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashiro
    Wind Waker does retain elements of this but also has a sprinkling of LttP and touches of FF style map roaming. It's a brilliant game and your reasons for it being poor are invalid. Did you expect it to NOT be like a Zelda game? Man, that's the reason I bought it. A few million other people did the same.
    Originally posted by spoiler

Mother ****ing HYRULE CASTLE! OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!

Best story of any Zelda, that's for goddamn sure. The music is spot on too. My favourite is still Link's Awakening though, but that's because I am weird.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1981
      Originally posted by Scythe
      Slightly of-topic how many finished OoT? I didn't.
      Me neither. Got to the water temple.
      Same here.

I am so happy that WW is "Easier" as rather than just try and get to the end, I am consciencely trying to do EVERYTHING in the game. Relaly taking my time and savouring the game.

In OoT, I got to the water temple, got stuck, and then left it for a while and forget to come back, I always meant to...

When I have finished WW I'll use the bonus disk and re-play OoT and see how far I get.

Comment

Before getting internet access I never would have suspected that the Water Temple had such a fearsome reputation - it's about the only part of OOT I didn't struggle with! I still go crimson when I think of how appalling I was at that game, but that and the Fire Temple were the two where I hit my stride (and soon lost it again...)

Playing through Master Quest, I've managed to get stuck all over again in Dodongo's cavern - sigh..

Comment

I didn't actually get stuck at the Water Temple, but I did find it annoying, and when my friend was asking for his cartridge back (I never owned it, I only borrowed it) I just gave it back.

Wish I'd just finished it now.

Comment

I can't even remember the water temple level. I remember I did the bit underneath the well. I did the time travelling. I did the melting of King Zora. I remember Navi moaning about " A cold wind blows from Zora's River ". Did I or did I not get past it?

Comment

In all honesty I don't remember getting too stuck on the Water Temple - but then it might have been so distressing I've blanked it from my mind.

Wind Waker is continuing to put a smile on my face - there are so many neat touches that just make me giggle - it's beautiful & I'm loving it.

Originally posted by spoiler
              Hyrule Castle in black & white was amazing - my favourite moment so far

Comment

OoT didn't have the proper Zelda feel imo. Plus the whole game was greeny brown I enjoyed Majoras Mask and am currently loving Wind Waker \o/ - dare I say the best Zelda game yet?

Comment

Zelda. what went wrong?

Not alot.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp
                    Zelda. what went wrong?

Not alot.
                    True, true.....

Comment

Zelda. what went wrong?
                      Reminds me of the old story about George Best. "Where did it all go wrong?". Er, well, nowhere, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                        Zelda. what went wrong?
                        Reminds me of the old story about George Best. "Where did it all go wrong?". Er, well, nowhere, really.
                        The old, "I spent all my money on women and booze... and i wasted the rest" line.

Always a good 'un!

Comment

Zelda. what went wrong?

Not alot.
                          I think Myiamoto has just got a bit past it and is unable to further develop the videogame industry any further. The torch should now be passed to the Ico team or as Nintendo is now doing onto third parties should as Retro studios.

Comment

Comment

Blah, blah...

Comment

Originally posted by FreeStephen
                                Zelda. what went wrong?

Not alot.
                                I think Myiamoto has just got a bit past it and is unable to further develop the videogame industry any further. The torch should now be passed to the Ico team or as Nintendo is now doing onto third parties should as Retro studios.
                                Well almost. The best thing would be to pass the development of Zelda to Polyphony who would develop "Zelda: The Turismo of Time" (a PS2 exclusive of course)

Comment

Working...
                                X