No announcement yet.

Starwars Galaxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I checked the FAQ but I didn't see the answer to my particular question in there so I'll raise it here. Will the console versions of SW:G ( particularly the XBox one, natch ) be able to mingle/interact with the servers of the P.C ones? I ask as it's going to be a while before I have the ??? to upgrade my P.C enough to be play this game, so the XBox version is a must - yet there are some P.C orientated folk from these boards I'd quite like to meet on my adventures ( arf ), therefore segregation is a bit of a worry to me.

Comment

What rules will you allow for character names?
      For most species, we allow a first and a last name--the first name has to be unique. Some species only have first names, and some species are allowed to have hyphens or apostrophes in their name. Numbers and other punctuation are not allowed, and we will also follow strict capitalization rules. We will enforce name constraints to help promote a Star Wars atmosphere. You will not see LuukSkywalker777 running around.

That's from the FAQ

I highly doubt the console versions will be compatiable with the PC version, mainly becuase gap between each games release. No doubt people will near enough already be into the space expansion when console versions are released, unless I'm highly mistaken but I haven't heard or seen anything yet on the console games.

Samoht, cool cartoon . About the servers, they announced they will be making European based servers, which we probably won't see till the game is out in Europe funnily enough, so if like me you import the game you'll have to play on servers based in the USA to begin with. Expect the euro servers to be full of french, german and what not speaking players too. And here's me thinking I'll need a translator droid to understand the in-game species', I'll need one for those guys too

Comment

Working...
      X