What's a fanboy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your in denial geo, face it.

heck, half of NTSC would be considered Wapanese following their guidelines....

Oh my god, we're all a bunch of freaks arent we guys?!

ahem....
    In all seriousness I found that wapanese definition to be not only insulting, but naive in the extreme.
    My liking of Japan as a country has done nothing but brought me success.
    Ive visited twice, met lots of people, made many friends, and came second in the country winning a bursary thanks to it.
    I will also be studying it at Uni.
    But that doesnt mean I want to be Japanese.
    Their strict social structure and rules puts me off, being a Gaijin means I can get away with alot of things, and can be forgiven for it.

I smell sour grapes in that first definition.

Comment

Otaku the site is a joke, although there are elements of Wapanese that I agree with.

Even Snowman added this site into the urban dictionary.

A superb import games website and forum. Been in a state of conflict recently both sides share equal blame. Can’t we just all get along? Give a little take a little. mkay

Comment

And Crispin evidently.

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
          Your in denial geo, face it.

heck, half of NTSC would be considered Wapanese following their guidelines....

Oh my god, we're all a bunch of freaks arent we guys?!

ahem....
          In all seriousness I found that wapanese definition to be not only insulting, but naive in the extreme.
          My liking of Japan as a country has done nothing but brought me success.
          Ive visited twice, met lots of people, made many friends, and came second in the country winning a bursary thanks to it.
          I will also be studying it at Uni.
          But that doesnt mean I want to be Japanese.
          Their strict social structure and rules puts me off, being a Gaijin means I can get away with alot of things, and can be forgiven for it.

I smell sour grapes in that first definition.
          You shouldn't feel insulted by the online dictionary definition, it just gives you a chance to laugh at yourself if you fit the particular stereotype they're talking about. You might say 'Well, I am like that in some ways, but I'm happy with the way I am even if my ways do seem peculiar to some. Oh well. I go away a richer man for having read these people's viewpoints'.

Comment

Working...
          X