No announcement yet.

First ACTUAL Pic of the DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The look of it is dissapointing certainly, but Nintendo have basically admitted that the asthetics of the handheld aren't finalized and will probably change leading up to release. I think they basically wanted something people could actually play at E3 so threw together some serviceable devices, it wasn't so much the look of the thing they were hinging on but the superb concepts behind it, and on that front they succeeded IMO.

I would be very surprised if the DS we see later in the year looks identical to this.

Comment

It looks awful(design wise). The dual screen concept looks nice in the Metroid game and the ingame shots do look nice but aesthetically the machine looks naff, like one of those fake games machines from the market.

I am probably a bit shallow but I am really attracted to "sexy" looking hardware, it just adds to the gotta-hava-bility (new word I just coined, I own it now) of the device on top of having great games. Conceptually it is a great idea but the design seems very generic. I think the PSP is quite nice looking out though.

Comment

Working...
      X