Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KV-21CT1U CRT TV in great condition, with remote. Any idea what to charge? Or any regulars here want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
      I'm considering selling my Desktop PC and thought I'll check if my evaluation is in a good ballpark.
      Bit late to reply, but seems about right, I'd be looking at the top end of that though - the RTX 2070 is going for around £200-250 on eBay now. X299 was not a particularly popular platform (Intel dropped the ball on the enthusiast SKUs when Ryzen arrived), and 8th gen Intel desktop CPUs killed it not long after.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Bit late to reply, but seems about right, I'd be looking at the top end of that though - the RTX 2070 is going for around £200-250 on eBay now. X299 was not a particularly popular platform (Intel dropped the ball on the enthusiast SKUs when Ryzen arrived), and 8th gen Intel desktop CPUs killed it not long after.
        Thanks for the feedback on that Marty.

I sold it around a month ago for £500 on Facebook Marketplace, thankfully the buyer picked it up. Long gone are the days where I’ll walk a Mega CD 1 to the Post Office or drive a Steering Wheel Setup 50 miles for a buyer! 😅

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on that Marty.

I sold it around a month ago for £500 on Facebook Marketplace, thankfully the buyer picked it up. Long gone are the days where I’ll walk a Mega CD 1 to the Post Office or drive a Steering Wheel Setup 50 miles for a buyer! 
          If you don't mind me asking, what was the catalyst for this decision? Upgrade or some other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            If you don't mind me asking, what was the catalyst for this decision? Upgrade or some other reason?
            It was a mixture of reasons. I stopped PC gaming around 2006 when my job was purely PC based so when I came home, I didn’t want to boot up a PC again, so gamed on consoles.

In 2011 I moved jobs and my main development environment was on MacOS & iOS and after several years missed PC gaming & development. After a few years, I built my own PC back in 2019 and loved it! I soaked up all the games I missed, got deep into emulation and through Furlough, I realised how much I missed Videogame development. So in 2020 I jumped back into games development, developing on PC on Unreal 4 and now Unreal 5.

But after several years of working mainly from home in my home office on a PC environment, I can’t tell you how many times I turned off my work PC, walked downstairs, then fired up my home PC in my front room. After realising this, I started to think I would like a change, so decided to sell up my home PC. My PS5 and Switch does all the current game I really need and my retro itch is now beautifully covered with my Anbernic handheld. Well, almost, as it’s *this* far off perfect Saturn & N64 emulation! And as I still need / want a computer, I treated myself to the new MacBook Air M2 (512Gb version) for all my desktop needs.

I’ll always love PC’s but I like having that work / life separation so will gladly separate work as well as I can.

Comment

It was a mixture of reasons. I stopped PC gaming around 2006 when my job was purely PC based so when I came home, I didn’t want to boot up a PC again, so gamed on consoles.

In 2011 I moved jobs and my main development environment was on MacOS & iOS and after several years missed PC gaming & development. After a few years, I built my own PC back in 2019 and loved it! I soaked up all the games I missed, got deep into emulation and through Furlough, I realised how much I missed Videogame development. So in 2020 I jumped back into games development, developing on PC on Unreal 4 and now Unreal 5.

But after several years of working mainly from home in my home office on a PC environment, I can’t tell you how many times I turned off my work PC, walked downstairs, then fired up my home PC in my front room. After realising this, I started to think I would like a change, so decided to sell up my home PC. My PS5 and Switch does all the current game I really need and my retro itch is now beautifully covered with my Anbernic handheld. Well, almost, as it’s *this* far off perfect Saturn & N64 emulation! And as I still need / want a computer, I treated myself to the new MacBook Air M2 (512Gb version) for all my desktop needs.

I’ll always love PC’s but I like having that work / life separation so will gladly separate work as well as I can.
              I understand that, and it makes a lot of sense. I think you're better off running lean in terms of available gaming devices, I get far too distracted and end up finishing not so much.

You've also reminded me of this meme:

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I understand that, and it makes a lot of sense. I think you're better off running lean in terms of available gaming devices, I get far too distracted and end up finishing not so much.

You've also reminded me of this meme:

Ha! That was close to my predicament but selling my PC Desktop meant my 144hz IPS Monitor was going spare so that's now my work monitor. So now even my ****ing work can look glorious!

As you say, a real pleasure of limiting your games means you're more likely to play and complete what you have, so I'm trying that tactic. A few work mates have said but don't you want to learn and create in UE5 in your spare time? At nearly 40 years of age, I could no longer give much of a toss about spending what time I do have away from work 'up-skilling' I'll rather chill out and spend time out and about with friends and family, getting rid of my main development environment is part of that process.

Give it 5 years and I bet I'll be sniffing round a new PC though!

Comment

Hey, thinking about moving my PS2 stuff on, would prefer to sell as a lot, what do you think this could be worth?

Boxed NTSC- Phat SCPH-50000 Model - In fantastic condition, had very little play and bought new
                  Selection of CIB games - All in great condition, no sunfade, discs are great. Just a few scuffs to some boxes

Mainly shooters and fighting games, stuff I just don’t get time to play anymore!

Cheers

Last edited by dyer60; 29-06-2023, 11:23.

Comment

So, weird question that someone can help me with.

I have Four UFS (Universal Fighting System) Collectible Card Game pre-made decks.

These are:

Terry Bogard / KoF 2006
                    Mai Shiranui / KoF 2006
                    Haomaru / Samurai Shodown V
                    Ukyo Tachibana / Samurai Shodown V (sealed)

I want to put them on eBay, but I've had some problems lately with putting items that were a bit obscure. I recently sold some RPG books that went for £1 (plus postage) but later, I see actually selling for £50, which I'm a bit miffed at. So I want to start these at something resembling a reasonable price.

However, I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?

Comment

I want to sell my complete Yamaha/Tannoy AV Setup. However I have no idea how much it is worth, so would be interested if anyone has any ideas of its value?

Apart from the Sub which is pretty much brand new I'd say that the equipment has been used for less than 100 hours. Basically a few years back a Cineworld got built half a mile away and I bought a monthly pass.

Gear list:

AV Amplifier - Yamaha 7.2 RX-V775 (7 channels at 160w, HDMI 6 in/2 out, Dolby TrueHD / DTS-HD Master Audio)
                      Left / Right Fronts - Tannoy Mercury V1's (Black)
                      Centre Speaker - Tannoy VC (Black)
                      Rear Speakers - Tannoy (Mercury Rear V's, Black)
                      Subwoofer (Dark Walnut Colour) - Tannoy TS2.8 (Used twice since installation)
                      Cable - High Quality Speaker Cables will be included

I'm pretty sure I have all the boxes / manuals too.
                      Last edited by paulus; 22-07-2023, 14:37. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                        I want to sell my complete Yamaha/Tannoy AV Setup. However I have no idea how much it is worth, so would be interested if anyone has any ideas of its value?

Apart from the Sub which is pretty much brand new I'd say that the equipment has been used for less than 100 hours. Basically a few years back a Cineworld got built half a mile away and I bought a monthly pass.

Gear list:

AV Amplifier - Yamaha 7.2 RX-V775 (7 channels at 160w, HDMI 6 in/2 out, Dolby TrueHD / DTS-HD Master Audio)
                        Left / Right Fronts - Tannoy Mercury V1's (Black)
                        Centre Speaker - Tannoy VC (Black)
                        Rear Speakers - Tannoy (Mercury Rear V's, Black)
                        Subwoofer (Dark Walnut Colour) - Tannoy TS2.8 (Used twice since installation)
                        Cable - High Quality Speaker Cables will be included

I'm pretty sure I have all the boxes / manuals too.
                        Thanks to helpful comments (AVForums) & pm's along with ebay sold prices I've decided to sell the whole package for £500. If interested checkout Gumtree & Facebook marketplace.

Comment

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon Limited Edition Japanese GBA.

This one - https://www.play-asia.com/shining-fo...ition/13/705pj

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                            Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon Limited Edition Japanese GBA.

This one - https://www.play-asia.com/shining-fo...ition/13/705pj

Any ideas?
                            Really tricky one this. Not sure how much help this will be but…..

I have had one one ebay with a big BIN for ages, part of my reasoning was I couldn’t find a comparison anywhere
                            and didn’t want to under sell it.

Best offer I have had in about 8 months is £75

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Tough crowd for what I think is a cool item lol. Ebay randomness.

(I just heard back from one of my regular price gurus, and he said about 200!)

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                                Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Tough crowd for what I think is a cool item lol. Ebay randomness.

(I just heard back from one of my regular price gurus, and he said about 200!)
                                Ditto, yeh a very cool item, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X