Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Jpn DC collection from a guy on here and paid ?400 for the lot,which consisted of (if i can remember rightly)

Jpn DC
    2 Arcade sticks
    4 controllers
    A few vmu's including the official 4meg one
    1 millenium controller
    1 Ascii Capcom fighting pad
    1 official gun.
    Gameworks.

And about 40 games,including all the Capcom fighters,all the Kof's,Cosmic Smash and all the rest of the classics.

So i guess it worked out about a tenner a game and the other stuff thrown in free.

By that reckoning you'd be looking at about ?750 for your games if you take into account some of them wont be worth a tenner,plus the hardware unless you throw it into the mix,like my deal was.

The thing is finding someone willing to part with that much cash in one go. Then it really hits home what terrible addictions we have!

Maybe start by selling the games,seeing how you get on;you may get enough cash together to not have to sell the lot,giving yourself the opportunity to rebuild the collection at a later date.

(First dibs?)

Comment

Depends what the games are really, some are only worth a few quid now, even brand-new.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
        Depends what the games are really, some are only worth a few quid now, even brand-new.
        agreed

i would like to see the complete list

Comment

I am still waiting for around 50 games to come from Japan. But basically i have most of the DC games you have heard of e.g most 2D fighters, it's just shooters i am lacking.

I would be very happy with 450quid for the lot but i will have to wait and see.

Comment

Orange pokemon JP sp ....any ideas guys?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
              Thanks. Just took a picture of the lot. I can't face selling.
              I don't blame you buddy - that's a cool selection of games; I'd cry if I had to part with it

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
                Orange pokemon JP sp ....any ideas guys?
                There's a brand-new one on ebay for $140, so I'd guess somewhere between ?50-70 if it's mint.

Comment

You're unlikely to get full value if you sell as a bundle, as you'll either have great difficulty finding a buyer for the price you want, or get knocked down to a price you're not happy with. I'd recommend selling it all individually on here and other forums, then sticking the rest on eBay - if it's decent it'll sell.

(and not at all because I might be interested in what you've got, oh no.. )

Comment

edit - not to worry, my friend is a moron.
                    Last edited by Geoff D; 02-09-2005, 13:59.

Comment

Anyone know how much an NTSC-U/C version of Ico is worth right about now?

Comment

You can find it new for under $20 in the US, so not that much.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Light
                          Anyone know how much an NTSC-U/C version of Ico is worth right about now?
                          You can still pick it up for about nine pounds on videogames plus, so probably not much, sadly.

Comment

Thanks. How about StarFox Adventures, U.S. NTSC, NON-player's choice?

Comment

Probably about the same if you're lucky.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Slimline US PS2,used literally to do 2% of GT4 and thats it. Fresh as a daisy.

Pal PS2 chunky,boxed,rgb lead,almost mint bar a tiny scratch just below the logo.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X