Joytech AV Control Center + Q RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yod@
    f you're worried about it, buy a SCART extension lead and cut pin 8 (again, insulating it afterwards!) at one end instead. Then run the GC lead through that.
    Now that's a good idea!

...modded xbox is still running fine by the way, good job!

Comment

Well a quick update - it was pin 8 after all, so thanks a lot for the great advice!!

Also, it is possible to temporarily disable the pin from Saurian's cable by simply clicking in the catch and pushing the pin back through the SCART block. This way I managed to just leave the cables connected to pin 8 dangling outside of the block - totally reversible if it didn't work.

But I'm very happy to report it did work - and now I can use my joytech AV centre and harmony remote to control all devices as intended !!

Comment

Hmm, I think I will try this also.
        I have one serious annoying problem with a homemade cable...

I did all that was mentioned in the guide on www.mmmonkey.co.uk, so the Panasonic part (analogue) of the cable for the DVD works, but for some reason the digital part for the Cube doesnt.

The digital cable I worked with was bought secondhand for only ?15,00 and WORKED 100 % (it was altered for vga).

When I boot to Panasonic part, there is sound and picture (which means the three cinch connections are OK).
        When I boot to Cube part, the sound works (analogue ofcourse), the TV switches to AV (so the resistor also works) but I only get a black screen.

I've double checked all of the connections and can't seem to find a flaw.

Anyone knows a solution/has the same problem?
        I'm going to compare with a 'regular' RGB-modded cable for a NTSC console soon from a friend of mine.
        Can anyone post pics from the inside of the scart connector, just to see if everything is in the right place?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Working...
        X