No announcement yet.

xbox progressive scan problem JPN PDO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get a copy of the Enigmah video mode disc? It seems that Orta will try and force a PAL Xbox to output 480i (at least that's what my Xbox outputted when I changed the region to PAL) and yet I read elsewhere that the Xbox dash is native 480i, so if you can see the dashboard you should be able to see the game image.

What display are you using - does it show what signal it's receiving, and if so what does it say it's getting when you play Orta - is it reporting an interlaced or progressive signal?

Comment

PAL Xbox's generally do not output prog scan unless they've had their video mode set to NTSC, or unless you have an early version of the dash with no Live updates.

The games region doesn't seem to have an effect - I've been playing Eu region, NTSC video, and prog scan.

Canton has said he is running as NTSC (and not PAL60).

Comment

That's right. I am using the enigmah video selector.

My display is a 32zp48 toshiba. I can see the dash fine in 480i and can see the evox dash fine in 480p. When PDO boots it takes a little longer then usual then fails to display the image properly, even though it has properly loaded as you can still navigate menus and start a game (all from audio cues, as there isn't a proper image to see).

Comment

Right - dunces hat time. How do I find out what version my Xbox is? I've had a look on the dash and on the underside of the console and nothing's leaping at me.

Comment

I only know mine is a v1.0 because I bought it before the v1.1s appeared, and I used a v1.0 mod chip...

You can tell by looking at the date, serial, and innards:

Comment

Well mine will be a 1.0 or a 1.1 because it was manufactured in August 2002. Sorry Canton, no help whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Canton Province
                I've got a modded 1.6 pal Xbox. Can run prog scan 480p with no problem on the few games I have tried except for my JPN Panzer Dragoon Orta. There is a very scrambled picture. I have tried another JPN game I have (Tekki) and that works fine. PDO plays fine in non progessive scan. Anyone know the problem is?
                Sorry to hear about your probs getting this great game to play properly on your xbox. It's wierd that the Japanese PDO checks the language first then modifies the output region to fit the language.

If you ever do get this great game to work, check out some 100% zero damage videos for this game: http://www.geocities.com/giga_d/index.html

Comment

I've absolutely killed this game man. I've S ranked every level on Hard, not as well as the guy in that link though.

I just wanna see this in prog scan so I can fall in love with it again.

Comment

It's worth persevering - it does look amazing through prog scan

Comment

I thought it looked hideous in Progressive scan, so did shenmue 2 bizzarely, nothing like how the other games looked

Comment

Are you sure? Sounds like something is up there, PDO is one of the best looking Xbox prog scan games.

Comment

I thought it looked blurry compared to alot of other games, perhaps it was just the level I tried though, it was all crazy and purple swirling backgrounds

Comment

Sharper than a very sharp thing on my projector when it's in progressive. When it's in interlaced it looks muddy and the colours are very muted by comparison.

Comment

I wondered if this problem has been solved yet?

I've just got a new version 1.6 Xbox and I have done the softmode and switched it the video chip to NTSC.

Every game I have tried works in Prog Scan, except Panzer Dragoon Saga and Jet Set Radio Future.

There is a good discussion about it here:

The problem seems to be with the new video chip in the current Xbox.

The easiest solution is to buy an old Xbox to play these two games.

Comment

Working...
                              X