Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero
    EDIT:
    I read that the slimline model can't be modded with DMS4, is that correct?
    No, it's not.

But the 'upper tier' of mods these days all offer the same features, there's not much to choose between them. DMS4 Pro is the only mod to feature ToxicOS... if that's of no interest to you, then any other mod will be fine, be it DSM4 Lite, Matric Infinity, Ghost2...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero
      But does the NTSC machine play PAL dvd's or not?

And what's the Wanda and Colossus post about? ?_?
      Nope but personally I don't think ps2's should be used for DVD Playback. (ie i'd prefer my laser's life to be solely used on games)

Comment

Uhm... that post wasn't really complete. Can the NTSC PS2 play PAL dvd's with DVD Region X/Swap Magic/Chip ?

Comment

Region X ought to be OK with any DVD's. Not sure they do it now. The latest version of ARMax ought to be OK (there are supposedly issues with older AR versions with a slimline PS2 so this could include Region X).

Comment

But I have read some posts, like http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ght=dvd+region, where they say that an NTSC PS2 can't play PAL dvd's at all!

EDIT:
            Found some more on this: http://www.console.com/product_info.php/products_id/47
            "IMPORTANT: The US Version (NTSC) will NOT play European (PAL) DVD movies on a U.S. PlayStation 2 "
            "DVD Region X is compatible with Compatible with NTSC (USA) and PAL PlayStation 2 consoles, but not with the new v12 PStwo (Slim-Line)"

So no PAL dvd's on a NTSC machine and now DVD Region X on a Slimline?

(or is there an update for that already?)
            Last edited by Shadow_Zero; 29-03-2005, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              Very few PAL PS2 games have 60Hz modes, much less than on the GC or XBox. The PS2 also doesn't support PAL60, so the 60Hz mode is NTSC (not that that's a bad thing).
              I think GameFaq's has a list of titles, though obviously it's not definitive. Generally any new Capcom game can be assumed to have an NTSC mode.

The ideal solution would be to get a modded machine (with a newer mod such as DMS4, Matrix Infinity, Ghost2 etc). The DMS4 lets you force games into NTSC or even PAL60... I dunno if other mods have such a feature.
              I've looked at Gamefaqs but couldn't find such a list.
              Ah, never mind, found it: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...tion2_60hz.txt

It lists if the game is 60hz and if it has black borders or not, but it doesn't say if 50hz. games have a frame rate compensation so the gameplay isn't slower.
              So I'm wondering now if 50hz PS2 PAL games are ALWAYS slower or IF they have a frate rate compensation?

Anywayz, I'm about to buy a new matrix infinity modded PSTwo, for 250 euro. Hopefully the laser will survive a few decades ^_^
              Last edited by Shadow_Zero; 05-04-2005, 13:20.

Comment

if the ps2 is used as dvd player then pal ps2 as it will play any region. ntsc ps2 if you play online import games as modded ps2 doesn't work because of dnas.

but overall a modded ps2 is the one to go for i've had a ps2 pal modded for ages its rock solid no disc errors or anything for all round non online playing

Comment

Working...
                X