No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more good play tonight, went to the undercity for the first time! where a paladin suddenly appeared, was funny to read in the chat eveyone yelling to get back and try and take him out.

Comment

I know today is the day that the servers get a little tweak etc, so I held of logging on this morning.

I just did and got an update for the game, and now I keep getting the server selection screen - and Earthen Ring isn't there?

Is this because it's possibly still offline?

I don't want to fiddle about too much because I don't want to lose my character?!

Thoughts please?

Comment

"- We have deployed a client-side change that should improve
        performance when large numbers of players are gathered in a small
        area of the world. No other changes are included with this emergency
        patch.
        "

Comment

I saw that too, but I still can't get back on - my realm doesn't appear in the list?

I have checked the official forums and they say that the server maintenance is still going (well they haven't said that, but the message there is (albeit old) does.

It would also seem like I am not the only person to have a missing realm to log onto.

Comment

I want to start a new character on a new server - how do I do this? I'm sure there was an option to switch realm before...

Oh Stu, would you let me join Pie? I'll behave, I promise

Comment

Can somebody tell me what the deall with WOW, do you just buy the game and play online.. or is it a subscription service.??

cheers

Comment

Downloaded the patch, ER seems to be working for me.

Anyone coming online?

Comment

Ravon its a sub service, about ?8 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Pij
                    Ravon its a sub service, about ?8 a month.
                    Holy Crap

?8 , so is the game free to pick up ?

I was expecting ?2-?3 I take it WOW is just like an vastly Improved Runescape ?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                      I want to start a new character on a new server - how do I do this? I'm sure there was an option to switch realm before...
                      I think it's on the username/password log in screen ? bottom left or right corner ??

Comment

Originally posted by Friction
                        I saw that too, but I still can't get back on - my realm doesn't appear in the list?

I have checked the official forums and they say that the server maintenance is still going (well they haven't said that, but the message there is (albeit old) does.

It would also seem like I am not the only person to have a missing realm to log onto.
                        I've had this a couple of times - always when I just want to log in for a minute before going to work (7am or so). Basically the server list (if you look in the WoW config file there is a setting that gives the server list location) appears to be unavailable. The last time it happened it was working again by the time I got back from work. I'm hoping for the same again tonight .

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet
                          Holy Crap

?8 , so is the game free to pick up ?

I was expecting ?2-?3 I take it WOW is just like an vastly Improved Runescape ?
                          That's not how MMOs work mate. Unless they've been out a while, expect to pay full usual price (20-30 quid) initially (normally with 30 days free), and then 8-10 quid a month sub.

Probably sounds steep, and it more than likely is if you dabble. That said, in 9 months of SWG (about 120 quid inc. game cost), I had 3000 hours easily.

You do the math.

Comment

It's ?9 a month, but most of the time you'll save money because you wont be buying anything else for a while - trust me.

Comment

Yep, I'd already planned to start a new thread on March 10th (1 month after launch) and ask how many hours people have played

PS. Guess you all realise first month is free

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                                Probably sounds steep, and it more than likely is if you dabble. That said, in 9 months of SWG (about 120 quid inc. game cost), I had 3000 hours easily.
                                you sure mate that's over 11 hours per day

Comment

Working...
                                X