Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MD
    Probably takes them 10 minutes so thats ?60 an hour. :P

If you use a DPST switch then Bi Coloured LEDs for region is quite easy.
    I know what you mean man - but it's all about making the mod near invisible, I cant get DPST switches that size (I have looked honest!)

Blues so passe, so PS2. Now Purple or Cyan LEDs now that's class
    OI! Keep it down! (cant let them go commercial too!)

Comment

Originally posted by MD
      Blues so passe, so PS2. Now Purple or Cyan LEDs now that's class.
      Aww, I was so happy with my little blue light until you mentioned Purple! I bet they're ace...

Comment

Yep

Comment

I've got a spare US machine, so I'm going to see if I can build a small circuit which will allow Bi Coloured LEDs to be used with a SPST switch. Probably use a multicolour LED with some resisters to give Cyan and Purple.

Comment

Safe man - that'll be heavy!

Comment

Do you have to have a switch on the back of the cube? I`m sure I read of a way to use the lid switch, us cube example lid open on start up US, lid closed on start up Jap. Any ideas?
              although thinking about the lid switch would be a closed contact type, so when you closed the lid in US mode would it switch to JAP or does the switch just flash the bios.
              a shot in the dark

Comment

That would work, you just need to switch the machine on in the correct setting - changing the switch position while power is on will not cause any problems during gameplay but I'm not sure if it's good for the machine.

I still prefer a tiny switch in the rear vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                  Which is how my (non Saurian performed) mod is like... just slightly an arse getting to it sometimes with the RGB cable plugged in
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                    That would work, you just need to switch the machine on in the correct setting - changing the switch position while power is on will not cause any problems during gameplay but I'm not sure if it's good for the machine.

Thanks for the info, I`m off too get me some bic biros

Comment

How do you do the US machines? I know on the Japanese decks you join the two points together for the mod (obviously via a switch), but how does it work on US decks? Are the points joined on US machines, and you have to split it and then join together via wires and a switch?

Thanks.

Comment

For the US machine you just solder to the 2 points below where you would for a japanese machine, everything else is then the same as in connecting to a switch etc

Comment

It's exactly the same - you just link the 2 free points.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X