NTSC games on PAL PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero
    They said it's the NH9 chip. I never heard of it, googling now...
    Cheapest modchip in the world. Probably why they used it. Never used one myself... I'm sure it does the job. Don't expect DVD9 support though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
      I wouldn't worry about compatibility... the few games that do not work on the Swap Magic can be played by booting an additional loader ('CDLoader'), so it's not an issue. It does not boot DVD9 titles though, though games like Xenosaga have a patch to span the game over 2 DVD's.

Swap Magic Fixes - http://www.swapmagicfix.com/
      Breaker Pro - http://www.breakerpro.com/
      SwapMagic 3 is out now and I haven't had any problems with it. I was going to get my PS2 chipped to play Winning Eleven 8 last year but decided to try SwapMagic.
      The best thing about it is that it doesn't void your warranty.

Comment

Guys... if my ps2 is 50003, and I don't want to chip it, then what other ways are there that would allow me to play american games... particularly metal gear solid 3 and god of war (I mention because I know some methods won't work because of dual-layer problems, and I don't know whether either of these games are dual-layered). I would prefer not use the flip top lid if I don't have to.... because I'd rather not remove anything.

Comment

There is no way. Seriously.

All boot disc methods require some kind of modification to the PS2 (flip top usually, slide tool if your foolish), and this method does not let you boot DVD9 titles (which are increasing in amount).
          The only way to play these is to get a new-ish modchip installed (older modchips, such as Messiah, do not boot them).

They are your only options, short of a US machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Light
            Guys... if my ps2 is 50003, and I don't want to chip it, then what other ways are there that would allow me to play american games... particularly metal gear solid 3 and god of war (I mention because I know some methods won't work because of dual-layer problems, and I don't know whether either of these games are dual-layered). I would prefer not use the flip top lid if I don't have to.... because I'd rather not remove anything.

A average size Hard Disc and a patched copy of HDloader? I don't know much about getting HDloader to work from CD-Rs though, might be quite tricky at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              There is no way. Seriously.

All boot disc methods require some kind of modification to the PS2 (flip top usually, slide tool if your foolish), and this method does not let you boot DVD9 titles (which are increasing in amount).
              The only way to play these is to get a new-ish modchip installed (older modchips, such as Messiah, do not boot them).

They are your only options, short of a US machine.
              So if I went for the flip top method, will that be able to play snake eater and god of war? Also, I'm assuming that I can later just put back the old cover right, when I decide to remove the flip top.

Comment

You can play MGS3 but not God of War.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine
                  You can play MGS3 but not God of War.
                  Hmm... I see. Where can I get a flip top and how much would it cost? And would I be able to put back the old cover once I don't need the flip top anymore?

Comment

Working...
                  X