No announcement yet.

Is my Cpu fried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah same, but it would happen to the pc with the ?300 graphics card in it wouldn't it!

doh!

Comment

All the bits must be still under warranty at least, right?

Comment

update!

after deciding that the mobo i bought was duff, i thought i'd at least try and send it back.
        So I reassembled my pc using the original motherboard.....
        it booted. wahey.
        so whilst my pc was in pieces i thought i'd buy the case i've always liked

and upped the wattage of the psu from 350w (the 6800ultra needs a min of 480w + 2 hdd and a SB audigy pro probably was pushing it) by buying a 580 watt beast that cost 70 odd quid.

so i put it all inside the new case and switched it on....

nothing.

nothing x 200

34 nothing combo

i spend ages pissing about with it, then try my old PSU, and that bloody works!

So i've gotta frickin' send a motherboard back and a PSU.

but at least my ultra and cpu are alive

Comment

Nice case.

Glad to hear you've got things sorted, so a PSU issue in the end then? See told you it wasn't the CPU. I'm a bit of a loss that you got any beeps though, if it was the PSU you'd expect to get nothing, given you removed stuff.
          Last edited by MartyG; 16-07-2005, 19:14.

Comment

nope, i just reassembled it using all the original pieces and it worked.

then when i bought a new psu yesterday, it wouldn't work with it.

Comment

Hmm - I did suggest you checked everything was seated properly. A case of fuss about nothing?

Comment

when i used the new psu all i got was various hex codes on the display of the abit av8. reset the cmos like 50 times. The only strange thing was that the 4pin atx power cable actually fitted on 2 ways round, which concerned me a bit.
                The psu i got was a Hiper Type R Modular 580W PSU. The one that works is a jeantech 350w model

Comment

Well I took the PSU back and got another model (a whopping 600w) and it all works fine! huzzah!

Comment

Working...
                  X