Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyris
    Kingston,

It sounds like your PS2 is outputting RGB video over the three RCA cords. You need it to output Y/Pb/Pr. It might be a dumb question, but have you set the PS2 to output this mode?

Plug in a cable that does give you a stable display, and go into the system options. Change "Component Video Out" (I think that's what it's called) to the option that has Y/Pb/Pr in it. I think it's labelled as "Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr". Then power off and try with Component again.

If it still doesn't work, then yep, you'll need to get a newer mod chip. On my latest mod (this is back when I had a PS2) the "Sony Computer Entertainment America presents..." screen would show a purple rolling screen the same way as you describe, although the games would play fine. Some mods do bungle the output quite a bit.
    I did set the ps2 to component- but no joy! The screen is purple and rolling- even when the games load!

I found a link where a guy with a messiah1 had the same problem and he couldn't fix it!

I might sell my machine and get one of those recommended models- v7 v8 or v10??

Comment

Do this affect Silver PS2 Might be v9 or v10 and have Messiah 2 ?

Comment

Just get a slimline, they are actually more reliable than the old style versions, anything else said is just internet twaddle!

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
          Do this affect Silver PS2 Might be v9 or v10 and have Messiah 2 ?

Been on the gin?

Comment

I've got a slimline PS2 and there are no problems with it as far as I can tell. Apparently there's an issue with the lasers failing when they've been chipped but if they're unchipped they're fine, and even if you got it chipped there are fixes for it. Mine's chipped with one of the fixes for the laser issues and it's been going strong since I got it last October.

Comment

Generally the v7 is regarded as the most reliable PS2 made.

Comment

well i've never had any problems with my v4 machine but it dont use it alot so that probably why it still works lol

Comment

Working...
                X