Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric
    This is a bargain for the money (?50).

Limit DVDA900SE MultiRegion (with supplied hack), audio tuned by Cyrus. Zoran chipset (used in a lot of more expensive players).

PAL/NTSC progressive.
    +1 from me, I can't beleive this hasn't sold out yet.

Toshiba's are great - but not blindingly well made - bought mine in December gone and it's already noisy and starting to get picky about discs.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
      What wouldn't play on the 220? I'm reasonably happy with mine (I'm half tempted to upgrade to a 585 for the additional Divx, SACD and DVD-A features, but not for picture quality which is fine), and the only discs it's ever not liked were the menus on the DTS releases of Mousehunt and The Haunting (press stop and go straight to the film to avoid this).
      About 1 in 3 things would pause randomly on playback (notable examples? Um, the R1 of Altered States, a few Disney titles, a shedload of others), and anything scratched (i.e. rental) = forget about it. It was especially painful to me because my previous player had been a Tosh 110, which was solid as a ****ing rock and would play anything (until studios started ****ing about with non-book dvds and seamless branching - I think it was the MGM disc of Robocop that broke its back and I upgraded to a 220).

I had a swap and the replacement did the exact same thing, plus this time it had a noisy drive to boot (prolly got knocked in transit). Returned to base a second time, got lost in the post, got compensation and went for a 520, which was nowhere near as bad but still "quirky" (i.e. refusing to play discs with nary a blemish).

Fairly happy with my Panny DMR E85 (saying that, it stubbornly refuses to play all the way through Monsters, Inc.) and the above-mentioned Limit as my back-up player.

Comment

Aaah, I see. I've had one or two problems with rental discs in the past, but just written them off as a side-effect of the disc being scratched to buggery.

Comment

http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...ufacturer_id=0

Yamadas are cheap multi-region dvd players that can play virtually anything you throw at them, including xvid, divx, mpeg4, ogg, mp3, wma. I've got the earlier model and never had a problem with it.

Comment

i just got a dvd player from asda for about 30 quid and unlocked it fine and it has better rgb quality than my other sony player

Comment

Working...
            X