Memory stick stuck in my PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right an update.

Called up my original retailers and they suggested the same thing. I should contact Sony. Done this. Got through to some right old dickwad at the Sony end. I explained the problem. Here's a summary:

Him: 'Erm....it's a Japanese unit so we don't carry the warranty for it'
    Me: 'But my PSP was working fine with the Sandisk memorystick for 6 months, and now it's a Sony branded card that's stuck in the unit. I'm not asking for the warranty on the unit, but instead the memory card'
    Him 'But errr...you've already invalidated your warranty by using a non-Sony product with that Santi memorystick. I can arrange to have it repaired for you at ?135'
    Me (a bit peeved off): 'But it's your ****ing accessory that caused it!'
    Him: 'sorry, can't do anyting about it. You sure you can't just press it and pop it out?'
    Me:'You think I'm stupid?'
    Him: 'I have to ask, people say that the power isn't on my Playstation, and I say is the switch on and they say oh sorry'
    Me: '..........huh?'
    Him: 'Sorry, I can arrange to have it.......' (I hangup)

So, you can understand I'm a bit pissed off. Dunno what to do. It does seem reasonable enough that Sony should sort it (their peripheral). Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking a written letter?

p.s. Although I was a bit pissed off at the time, I almost laughed when he said the 'Santi' memory stick .....

Comment

Ring trading standards, say you got a sony psp whilst on holiday then bought an official sony accessory later on which promptly broke inside the psp rendering both useless. They should be able to shed some light on the situation.

Comment

wow, this is seriously ****ed up! don't think it's fair if they are going to hide behind the "it's a japanese unit" bull****. If you're going to write a letter to Sony don't mention that it was a "Santi" MS that worked fine but just leave it at "with my other MS it worked just fine". Also state very specificly that you want warrenty for you MS and that you want them to fix / refund / (replace) the machine that suffered damage from proper use of their produt (the MS). That machine happening to be a Japanese PSP console should not make any difference. Unless the MS warrenty states otherwise.

Also, be very detailed in the letter to describe what you've tried to resolve the problem but that was to no avail.

ps. sorry it my post is a bit too redundant.

Comment

I'll ring Trading Standards, and check with them. Surely it's my right to be able to use anything made for the hardware with it, as long as I don't open it up. I mean people using the logitech case, are they invalidating their PSP warranty by not using the slip case that came with the console? It should be tripe but I'll get confirmation.

Comment

That's preposterous really.

That's like suggesting that you couldn't make a warranty claim on one of their cd players if you'd played an album that was on a non-Sony owned record label.

I'd have thought that Sandisk must pay Sony some sort of licensing fee to produce pro duo sticks (it's Sony's proprietary technology after all) so how can they now turn round and say this??

Good luck with trading standards mate. I'm pretty sure that they'll give you all the ammo you need to get this sorted out.

Comment

Working...
            X