Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psp Wi-fi

Another NOOB question I'm afraid...

Turns out my office has a WI-FI 'hot spot' on the 5th floor and I'm planning on hooking up to the internet at lunch in the hope of downloading some good **** to my PSP. Anybody know what sites are good for getting movies, music, game demos and the like?

Also where on the menu do I go for WI-FI hook up?

Dont know about the sites, but on the lookup:

Go to settings
    Scroll to network settings
    Click infrastructure mode
    Then new connection
    Then click right
    Then scan

Should pickup the signal, and enter any relevant passwords etc, and save it.

Comment

Thanks man

Found this place with some downloads...

Guess that will have to do me, although I would like to get hold of some Anime if anybody can fill me in on that...

Comment

I think the situation with stuff like that is that you'd download it on your PC then convert it to PSP format and dump it on to your memory stick.

Comment

I think I shall have to invest in a USB lead so I can get stuff off my Mac - new it wasn't going to be easy...

Comment

Before you buy a USB lead - if you happen to own a digital camera check that leads connection and see if it matches the PSPs. I simply use the USB cable I got with my cheap and cheerful Fuji digital camera.

Comment

Yeah good point, digital camera cable if you have one!

Here's a good thing though I just found:

http://winpsportal.com/download.php

You unzip the file, put the 'win' folder in the root of your PSP, then open the browser and set the address to file:/win/index.html and then it opens up a Windows Desktop page like this where you have access to all sorts of video clips, games, apps and downloads and websites. Its quite nifty.

Comment

digital camera cable is now plugged into my PSP and the USB port on my keyboard.

Anybody fancy giving me a step by stpe run through of what I do now. Where to go on the PSP menu etc...

Any help much appreciated!!!!

OK have my PSP saying "USB MODE" - now what >_<
                Last edited by spagmasterswift; 04-11-2005, 11:19.

Comment

There's a 'USB' option on the first menu row in the PSP browser (startup without a game in the machine).

Your PC should detect the PSP as a storage device, open it up and make sure you place everything in the correct folders. Once you're done press X to exit the USB link on the PSP and you're done.

Comment

I'm on a mac, but nothing is visible on the desk top to show that a PSP is connected. Erm...Help!

Edit - Ah found it, dropping stuff into it now. Fingers crossed

Should folders be appearing on my PSP now? Or do they get put in a specific place? I'm such a NOOB

Oh I see, you have to create the folders named "MUSIC", etc for them to flow through to the PSP.

Well I have an MP3 in there now. I guess its a start

Cheers fellas.
                    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 04-11-2005, 13:05.

Comment

So do I need a 2.0 PSP in order to use that WinPortal thing? Don't want to up grade just for that.

Comment

Yeh, you need 2.00 to run the web browser. Dont think there are any homebrew ones out there either, I could never find one.

Comment

tried this last night, upgraded to 2.00 but don't even know where the in built browser is, also tried the Wipeout Pure browser hack detailed on gamefaqs and no joy, can someone point me in the right direction, thanks.

Comment

Its on the very right most option on the main menu!?

Comment

furthest one to right on mine is "Game", must be that firmware up/downgrading.

Comment

Working...
                              X