Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK PAL Xenosaga 2 out. It is special edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK PAL Xenosaga 2 out. It is special edition?

I noticed most online shops have Xenosaga 2 in stock. But no mention anywhere of the special edition - was it cancelled or do all copies come with the DVD movie?

Thanks.

Edit: ne'ermind, just saw an ebay auction and all UK versions are the special edition:

Will get it for ?23 with the Tesco discount...
    Last edited by Sony Fanboy; 03-11-2005, 17:32.

Did they even release the first one though?

Bit mad if they didn't as it's sorta like starting a story part way through!

Loads won't make sense and you miss out on things!

Comment

I've already got US Xeno 1 and 2. Just getting this to support PAL.

With the movie DVD, you'd more than get the gist of things.

Comment

Is the PAL game 50Hz only? I'd like to support PAL, but I'm not going to cripple the experience.

Comment

50 and 60Hz need the videos to be encoded in each Hz, so the game would hav to be on 4 DVD5s, so it's extremely unlikely this will have a 60 Hz option.

Comment

I was under the impression Sony have issued a tool that'll do all that on the fly from the one source set of files... anyway, what's actually on the bonus DVD? I never finished the first so haven't really been paying attention to the excitement, but even still I'm tempted to support the PAL release (60hz permitting) and give it a bash.

Comment

Cant find a 'First Play' on the original Xenosaga. Is it necessary to have played that before playing Episode 2 I ask?

Comment

Not at all, if the bonus DVD is the same as the preorder bonus that US gamers got for X2, then it'll be a movie DVD which plays out all the plot cutscenes of the prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon
                  Not at all, if the bonus DVD is the same as the preorder bonus that US gamers got for X2, then it'll be a movie DVD which plays out all the plot cutscenes of the prequel.
                  Doh! I should have realised that. Obviously this is why they release the second one without the first! The DVD covers the backstory!

Silly me!

Comment

Aha. Jolly good.
                    I've been off reading reviews of both games and most seem to poinr to part 1 being the better game, what say you who have played both?

Comment

I much prefered 2 over 1 due to personal reasons:

- Style wise, i like Yuki Kajiura's music (though I understand some people are put off by her Enya-like newage style). Prefer the more realistic graphics.

- Combat in both is virtually identical; though 2 has a bit more depth - it's much more difficult to level up and just use a few move for enemies.

- I prefer shorter RPGs. 2 took me about 25 hours. 1 took me about 40 hours. 2 has lots of walk-about minigames, if you like that kind of stuff.

Having said that, you need to have played/seen 1 to enjoy 2 and I would agree with comments that 2 is more 'style over substance'.

Comment

It's good to see it out in the UK but if you had any sense you'd import the US version which is 60Hz and only US$20.

Comment

Well not one single High street store, GAME, Gamestation, Virgin, HMV, et all have this in stock. Ordered it from Play.com for ?29.99

Gossi - Where did you see it for USD20 - VG+ are charging the equilvalent of ?31 for it not including postage which will bump up the price even more.

On a side note I noticed those same High street stores are colluding to charge ?39.99 for GTA PSP - Shocking!

Comment

US$20 is the high street price in the US. Tronix have it in stock at that price. You could also try eBay.

Comment

i picked it up today. i had it on import at one point and was really impressed with it, but due to financial problems i had to sell it aswell as my import ps2. alas, im not bothered. as soon as i got it in my hands today, i was well impressed with it. the box, packaging and the overall design is excellent. i think its a stunning little box and folds open containing all 3 discs, with lovely pics of the mechs all over the place. what a great way to finally bring xenosaga over here, lovely!

Comment

Working...
                              X