Best SCART lead for Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDanX
    hence the fuzzyvision, im shocked that it shipped like that tbh.
    Nah don't be, Nintendo have a history of this.
    The PAL GameCube has no S-Video. The NTSC GameCube has no RGB (at least, without some fancy hack of the DAC in the Component/D-Term cable). The Snes2 is RF only! PAL Gamecube games have 480p mode intentionally removed.

Nintendo has a history of trying to dictate what connection standard people use. Quite what they gain from this is beyond me.

Comment

I have a modified RGB SCART cable for my US Cube I got from Lan-Kwei back in the day. The picture quality is superb but the lead itself is second rate. It broke once, I opened it up and one of the leads had snapped. Thankfully I could just solder it on and it works once more.

Anybody know where to get high quality modded leads from? All I could find on the net was lan-kwei though... It seems they've changed their name though.

I tried my third party RGB SCART lead from Lik-Sang at my friends house on his PAL GC and the picture was great! But I must say, mine is better....
      Last edited by danholo; 17-01-2006, 14:12.

Comment

While were on the subject whats this 480p?Pal games dont have it you say, but if i play ntsc games on a pal cube would i get it then? Im presuming 480p is some kinda ultra high def pic quality? Can a crt tv display it? God i NOTHING about the tech side of gaming..

Comment

480p is Progressive Scan. It basically refreshes the screen in one single pass, as opposed to 2 half-passes like a TV does, resulting in smoother play, free from artifacts caused by interlaced displays.

For a comparision, a PC monitor is Progressive.

480p has become more relevent recently due to the increase in popularity of LCD TV's.

Comment

I see,thanks for your patient explaination. Danholo, lan-kwei is now called www.selectplayer.com.
            Last edited by SuperDanX; 17-01-2006, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
            X