No announcement yet.

usb wifi thingies for ds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the C&W USB dongle today from Argos and I hope it works when I set it up tonight. How bad are Argos for returning things if I cannot get it to work?

Comment

argos, infairness ive always found them good with there 16 day guarentee, long as you take the reiept and all product back in a1 condition

Comment

David, could I ask you to check your settings and see if how ive set it up is correct, mine seem to work, aslong as when I turn the ds off for a while and say I come back to it for another game I have to reboot the pc and router and I can connect to AC amd MK no problem (if i dont reboot I cant get my ds to obtain an ip address)

when i goto wireless lan configuration tool plus, I have it set to mode: station, and in the available network box it finds my wireless router (jasonsrouter)

it has
        channel :13
        type : infrastructure
        ssid :jasonsrouter
        txrate : 54mbps

is this look correct, and do you need to reboot for each time you turn the ds to play online?

thanks
        jason
        Last edited by VR46; 17-02-2006, 15:19. Reason: bloody smilies

Comment

Doesn't sound right, will have a look when I get home.

Glad the C&W one works OK(ish).

Comment

I'd be interested in yr settings as well...see what I've messed up...

Comment

I cannot get it to work either. I'm running WinMCE with the Kerio firewall. Anyone fancy doing a quick guide on how to get it set up?

Comment

these were the settings I used with MKDS, hope it helps.

Think there was more info in the First Play thread, all I did was set it to Access Point and disabled WEP and away I went (but I have a wired Belkin router which may make the difference?)
                Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:31.

Comment

cheers, i'll have a play, atleast i can play just a bit of a pain rebooting everything each time i turn on to play though

regards
                  jason

Comment

just turn your firewalls off and try it

Comment

Can anyone help me out with what I gather to be a known problem, please?

I picked up an official Nintendo dingus in town yesterday but it just doesn't want to install. I keep getting a ?Please Insert Wi-Fi USB? message when it's setting up Connection Sharings, and when I click "OK" I get ?Application Error? and then it terminates. I never get as far as the registration application and if I try to run that separately it just crashes out immediately.

I've downloaded the latest drivers (1.03) and it takes longer to crash out but if anything that's more frustrating..!

Please can anyone help me? Is it some setting deep within Windows I need to alter or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X