No announcement yet.

ARGH! *kicks TV*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not your day mate, see questions 18 & 19 on this page for a straight forward explanation of why your getting B & W picture

Comment

Right, I'm gonna sound like a right fool now...

What are RGB and Composite? And what am I using at the moment? (the standrad cables0.

Comment

The signal isn't always about the cable, but what type of signal the console is sending... it's a little complicated.

Basically, your TV will handle a PAL 60Hz signal, but not an NTSC signal.
        This means your JPN N64 will not work in colour because your TV is not compatible with NTSC colour carrier.
        Why does your GameCube work in colour? Because it's sending PAL 60Hz - it's not the same thing, NTSC and PAL 60Hz encode the colour differently.

To get around this, the usual course of action would be to use an RGB Scart cable, because the type of colour encoding (PAL or NTSC) doesn't matter. However, this is not possible on your N64 because the N64 cannot send an RGB signal (at least, not as stock).

Bottom line mate is exactly what I said earlier - you need a converter like the one I posted, or a new TV. It's really as simple as that, there's no magical fix to make your TV accept NTSC.
        The information posted in Questions 18 and 19 of that guide will not help you because the guide assumes the console can output RGB, which your N64 does not.
        Last edited by sj33; 25-02-2006, 16:00.

Comment

Right, looks like I'll be selling it and buy another one when i get a new TV then...

Comment

Working...
          X