No announcement yet.

Windows Vista (Build Revision 5342)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, leave it mate, it sits like that for ages. I left mine for a few hours and came back to find it was on the login screen.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
      Nah, leave it mate, it sits like that for ages. I left mine for a few hours and came back to find it was on the login screen.
      No such luck, I just checked again there and it was at the XP shutdown screen with an error message saying something like "Please remove the write protection from Windows VISTA Setup Drive (F" (My DVD drive). Pressing Try Again just made the error come up again and again and continue restarted the PC, gave me the option to boot from CD but that just started through the setup again I think as it went back to the screen saying windows will install automatically from now on, but I dont know if that was doing a brand new upgrade install over my current windows, it seemed like it, or continueing the old clean install on the new hard disk I tried..
      When I dont boot from CD, it gives me two options, Vista or Setup. Setup just does that whole thing again, taking me to the setup screen like above and Vista takes me to my normal XP install!?

I bloody hate Windows!

Comment

Unimpressed... Very.

My system isn't a supercomputer but with a 2.4Gig P4, 1GB RAM, and 6600GT. I should not be struggling to run this OS. But it was just so slow and, well.. slow!! Everything was laggy, you pressed Documents and it took like a second to appear, not instant like XP. I done a fresh install on a completely empty formatted new 120GB hard disc so it should be fine. And you didnt seem to have problems like this marcus. Must be very power hungry at the moment.

And the internet sucks on it, so slow. Gmail wouldnt open, and this forum took an age to load. I tried to install MSN, but it just done nothing. Wouldnt open the setup file, didnt say an error or anything, just done nothing..

Apart from that, it feels better, and when its fully optimized, I imagine will be good.
        But that just didnt impress me at all right now.

*My Computer > (D: )> Format*

Comment

Working...
        X