Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360, Yay or Nay?

Hey all,

I've been looking around at 360s and 360 games and I've come up withy a list of 7 games I want (that are out now), and there are others that are upcoming as well. Is it worth getting one? And what is the Live like?

Thanks

Go for it. The Premium pack is pretty good value now, there are some more strong games on the horizon, and it'll be a long wait for any other next-gen goodness.

Live is also much more functional than it used to be as well. My favourite new feature is being able to chat with a friend playing a completely different game from yourself - great if you've finished uni and your gaming friends are scattered all over the world.

Comment

Awesome

So... who wants to give me ?280?

Comment

Your left kidney might go some of the way?

Comment

And the rest if you don't have a HDTV.

Comment

...balls

You don't need HDTV to get it looking sharp though do you?

Comment

Nope, a good RGB Scart enabled tele will do the job.

Comment

If you're on a budget, I picked this up for ?200 in a sale at Empire earlier. Not as good as HD of course, but if you're on a tight budget it has a decent screen.

Comment

you don't need a hdtv but it does make a big different.

Buy a 360 thou 1st, they are quality and live is **** hot

Comment

How much better is 360 live to the original version?

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
                      7,487 times better.

Comment

If you don't own a capable PC to play Oblivion to the highest comparable settings, then the 360 becomes a must buy. It's as much of a early killer launch frame title (I'm using that term very loosely considering we're almost out of the six month window) as Halo was.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                          7,487 times better.
                          This is actually true. Booted up my old Xbox last night for a spot of Coast 2 Coast and was surprised at how primitive XBL looked on it.

360 Live completely blows it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
                            Far better. It's integrated in pretty much anything to the point where playing an original Xbox game without all the Live functionality feels like a huge step back. Not everyone likes how everyone can see what you're doing (you can turn it off, of course), but it's brilliant to be able to see how your friends are doing or hold a voice chat with them across different games.

Yeah, Oblivion is a must-buy. It's my favourite 360 game so far, and since I've enjoyed the games that I own a hell of a lot that's saying something.

Comment

You can pick up a 19" CRT monitor for next to nothing and VGA cables seem to be back in stock now, its much cheaper than buying a HD TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X