No announcement yet.

Who do you Broadband with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get your BB from AOL - just don't!

Comment

Heh... well it's AOL here on the PC at home at the moment. Just had ours upgraded to "up to 8MB" after being on 2MB for a year or so, and currently getting around 3-4MB I think given we are a bit from the exchange. No problems with AOL, only trouble has ever been with BT ****ing about with the line. Plus, no cap, which is good given the stuff I download, and my mother downloads for her genealogy research...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
        I hear F2S are suppose to be good... Anyone recommend them?
        I've been with f2s for about a year and gotta say they are very good with decent cs which you don't have to wait an age to get through to. Though they only available late two evenings a week and not at the wkend which could be frustrating.

Pay ?25pm for an 8Mb line with no caps (they may have introduced caps recently though).

Comment

Dear God avoid AOL at all costs, you get drop outs, unstable speeds and their software invading your system. That said the customer service is pretty OK.
          Recently sorted out my dads broadband after years of being 'stuck' with AOL, after receiving his new b/band I believe his words were 'ah so this is what broadband is, the pages load within seconds rather than minutes'!
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
            NTL for me, phoned yesterday to tell them I wanted to cancel and I now have 10mb for ?17.49 a month for the next 12 months. Result
            I'm off to try that with Telewest - Been getting a bit pissed at the ?35/month even though it's a great service.

Comment

I've been happy with Pipex the last two years but at ?33.99 a month for 2mb uncapped its getting way too much.

Gave them a phone to see about either upgrading or dropping the price. The girl said they will be allowing current customers to upgrade within the next two weeks to up to 8mb and to keep an eye on the site. She also offered to cut my current service to ?17.99 a month if I commited to stay on it for another 12 months. I've decided to wait for any announcements they have to make in the next two weeks but I'll keep the price cut offer in mind if the upgrades don't suit me

Comment

Lotta people hate AOL but i've had little to no issue with them or the service.

With regards to the speed and internet provided to me itself, it's been near-perfect. Never had a single drop in 18+ months of use and the speed has been consistent - 200k download or better.

Their customer service is also one of the best in my experience.

Comment

I'm with Pipex on a 2mb line uncapped @ ?23.44. I can't wait until my contract runs out - their p2p throttling is bollocks. And even with protocol encryption enabled, I'm getting d/l speeds of 29kb/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
                    I'm with Pipex on a 2mb line uncapped @ ?23.44. I can't wait until my contract runs out - their p2p throttling is bollocks. And even with protocol encryption enabled, I'm getting d/l speeds of 29kb/s.
                    Same here. I've only just started trying encryption today and I'm not getting much more than usual 20-25kbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bib
                      I've been happy with Pipex the last two years but at ?33.99 a month for 2mb uncapped its getting way too much.

Gave them a phone to see about either upgrading or dropping the price. The girl said they will be allowing current customers to upgrade within the next two weeks to up to 8mb and to keep an eye on the site.
                      Be wary of that mind, they've been promising people that since ADSL MAX rolled out.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've chewed over changing quite a few times in the last few weeks, but I'm still with them at the moment (a stable connection is far more appealing than the speed / stability issues some MAX users are reporting).

Although I have drawn a line in the sand and if there's no MAX service from them by the start of August I'm going elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                        Be wary of that mind, they've been promising people that since ADSL MAX rolled out.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've chewed over changing quite a few times in the last few weeks, but I'm still with them at the moment (a stable connection is far more appealing than the speed / stability issues some MAX users are reporting).

Although I have drawn a line in the sand and if there's no MAX service from them by the start of August I'm going elsewhere.
                        As I said I'll see how things go. I'd rather not have the hastle of changing ISP and I'd rather have a stable connection as you say so I'm giving them the chance to upgrade me. Either that or I go elsewhere or stick with the 2mb service for half the price I currently pay.

We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                          I'm off to try that with Telewest - Been getting a bit pissed at the ?35/month even though it's a great service.
                          Good luck,

best thing was I was paying ?24.99 am nonth for the 2mb service before I phoned them

Comment

Telewest (Blueyonder) may be expensive, but I don't regret going with them. Started with ?35 for their 1MBit package... free upgrade to 1.5MBit, free upgrade to 2MBit.... free upgrade to 10MBit! In the space for 4 years, to keep up with the competition.

Comment

I think the majority of hate for AOL goes back to when you were more restricted in gaming with them. I remember adverts for routers would usually have the line 'Not for AOL customers' on them. Can't remember the exact reason for their problems. I guess in time they've improved

Comment

They have, but I think you still need to use their crappy resource-hog browser for connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X