No announcement yet.

Sky offering broadband to subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy with mine. It's not quite as good as Pipex was, but it's ?15 cheaper and has lots more bandwidth...

Comment

I could never trust a company like Sky with broadband, will not yet. I was with BT for over 3 years, changed to TalkTalk, 2 weeks without the net and now with AOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ares
        I could never trust a company like Sky with broadband, will not yet. I was with BT for over 3 years, changed to TalkTalk, 2 weeks without the net and now with AOL.
        Sorry, please explain this to me.

'Like Sky' ?

You were with BT then moved to TalkTalk who are owned by the Carphone Warehouse, they balls up and now you are with (chortle) AOL? You do know AOL UK is now owned by the Carphone Warehouse?

Some decsions people make are so misinformed, why not take a little time to read up on adslguide.org for a balanced view of the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky
          How is everyone getting on with Sky broadband ? I really need to change, F2S have gone to pot, and want to get this done but don't want to be stitched up for ages, especially as i need to be working from home on 8th November.

Is it as good as it seems ?
          I'm quite happy with the service now. But I doubt that you can order Sky now and be up and running by the 8th November. I was without a bb connection for 1.75 weeks and frankly, that was long enough. It would have been longer except for my persistence.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. A mate here has it and he went about a week without connection because Sky switched him over but didn't send the hardware. I'd be amazed if it was up and running by the 8th, hence i'm going to try and schedule it for after that - i fly out to New York the week after so that would be a good time to do it.

Sanchez is there anything i can do to make the process easier for myself ?

Comment

In a word......No.

It may look like poor customer service and chaos with the installs at the moment but I have the figures to prove Sky are enabling more broadband than anyone else in the UK at the moment.

If you are a previous customer of UK Online then steer well clear for now, there are problems in that area.

You may be lucky. There shouldn't be any problems getting the hardware, should arrive in the post after a couple of days.

Comment

My parents are with Sky, they got a letter 6 to 8 weeks ago saying it will be available in six months, and they got the kit in the post earlier this week

Impressive so far, guess what I'll be doing Saturday morning

Comment

Working...
                X