i Just noticed this (component)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Just noticed this (component)

I'm all set to get my HDTV this weekend, i found a nice samsung 50" and i thought everything was fine.

I'm not too tech minded (well none atall) but from what everyone has been saying about samsung i just thought it would be ok.

However! i Just noticed from the description that it might not have component sockets for my 360, please someone tell me i have it wrong, or either way, please put me correct.

Telly is here http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/455_324540.html

Thank you.

I've no personal experience of the set, but from the description it doesn't seem to have component input.

It seems to have HDMI though, which is where it would still get it's HD Ready tag from.

Comment

I'm not getting my 360 on it am i via the cables i bought, there goes that!

Comment

Just use VGA for the 360 - it's a better signal than component anyway.

The PS3 will no doubt support VGA as well and as Spatial mentioned, it's future-proofed via HDMI for HD broadcast signals.

Comment

Seems strange that it wouldn't have component. The official page for that set confuses things further by listing a bunch of modes rather than having a tick in the rear component input section:

Comment

Thanks all for all the help, will it definitely work with the vga cables then? Is that a 100% thing before i go buying more stuff, thank you.

Comment

No DVI input listed on that Comet site for the television. Sorry.

Comment

Just use VGA for the 360 - it's a better signal than component anyway.
                erm no it isn't - component is a better signal for the 360, you will see screen refresh/slowdown issues when using vga

Comment

You know, there's a fair chance Comet may have the specifications wrong. If you want that TV, I'd post on AVForums and ask for confirmation of the inputs from owners/knowledgable people before making any decisions.

Comment

Thank you, will try that, i really had my heart set on this, my mum bought the 32" and it looks fantastic, Thank you for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                      erm no it isn't - component is a better signal for the 360, you will see screen refresh/slowdown issues when using vga
                      I have to disagree. I think VGA offers a far superior picture on the set I was using. Component looks over-saturated and lacks sharpness.

Comment

Originally posted by linkedtpthepast
                        Thank you, will try that, i really had my heart set on this, my mum bought the 32" and it looks fantastic, Thank you for all your help
                        The Samsung site also lists no DVI. If the worst comes to the worst, get in contact with Comet asap and ask to change sets which have component, DVI and HDMI inputs.

Comment

It has a tick beside "PC (Analog RGB) 1" which I gather is VGA.

VGA/component/HDMI is a better solution than DVI/component/HDMI since HDMI and DVI are essentially the same.
                          Last edited by SubparMario; 10-08-2006, 21:03.

Comment

Someone over at AV says it takes Component and VGA *big smile*

As there seems to be split opinion on Vga and component, i'll pick up a vga when i get my set and see for myself, thanks for everyone's help (i already bought component)

Comment

Link i was given (i guess its the back of the telly in question)

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...8/EN/4_sub.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X