This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EAvilBoris View Post
    There are several reasons that I'm unsure if, but they got in trouble for describing themselves as being best for gaming and cannot make that claim.

Most recently it's been crap because they've turned on some traffic management things which are interfering with online games.
    Well this is my first experience with using Fibre for gaming. As far as I can tell the line seems clean I havent experienced lag on BF3. I think they are still tuning my streets connection as some houses are only just going online, speeds seem to be increasing which is cool.

Once the word is connected on fast lines this must surely open up many possibilities for gaming and media.

Comment

UTTER ****. Worse than last time!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

UTTER ****. Worse than last time!
        If that makes you sad then this will probably piss you off even more.

I just did the speed test on my new Softbank Sharp phone with some very impressive results. This isn't even running on 4G but another service called Ultra-band or something. Basically a supped up 3G signal.

They say you should get 21MBPS download speeds but they always bull ****. Still, over 10MBPS on a phone is more than fast enough. That's fast enough to stream HD video, which I did last night without any buffering issues.

My home connection is taking a bit of a beating at the moment witht he wife watching Walking Dead or something on Hulu downstairs but still a good result.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 19-06-2012, 11:37.

Comment

^^^ ha ha ha on a mobile. That's class poor prinny having said I don't feel bad for you PB you can get fibre where you live you must be just spending too much on fine ales and kung fu films.....

**** I should have done that instead of getting fibre

Comment

Bit of a lousy ping, but I'd die for those connection speeds heh...
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Today with vivaciti:

Can't get more than 8Mb on my exchange, so I'm maxing out there and the upload is twice as good as anyone else. The ping is great for gaming.

Comment

I find the PING to be quite random. I've had it down to 7ms but it's normally about 30 to 40ms. Doesn't effect online gaming IMO though.

Comment

I pay for a 30Mb line with Virgin, and that's what I get. Can't complain really.

I decided to try another test with a server that was further that 50 miles away. Still got a fantastic result.

Last edited by _SD_; 19-06-2012, 16:53.

Comment

Why does the upload seem pretty weak on virgin is that one of the aspects they traffic shape? Everyones I see only seems to be 2-4 up no matter if it's 20,30,50 or 100? It's the one ISP I can't get where I live and the one I have always been curious about

Comment

this is what i get

though since i lived in ireland this is the fastest broadband i have had .....and it will do for now

Though have noticed (maybe a problem with the router though) that if the connection gets maxed out it then slows down the connected after for a bit
                      Last edited by eastyy; 19-06-2012, 19:36.

Comment

Virgin just upgraded me to 60mb so thought id run a test.

Liking my free upgrade! Upload is meh though.

Comment

I still use Be which has been great, not bothered for fttc yet which Be aren't in the process of offering yet until they upgrade the network to allow it to offer a decent service over fibre.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            Virgin just upgraded me to 60mb so thought id run a test.

Liking my free upgrade! Upload is meh though.
                            Thats what I was asking why is the upload on virgin ****? Is it limited or down to it being cable?

Nice down speed though

Comment

Reading about Virgin have a 10:1 rule with upload. They are finishing the upgrades to peoples downloads before they look into doubling uploads. Guess thats why the adverts for it has download splashed all over it!

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                                Reading about Virgin have a 10:1 rule with upload. They are finishing the upgrades to peoples downloads before they look into doubling uploads. Guess thats why the adverts for it has download splashed all over it!
                                Ah makes sense now cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X