PS3 Power and black/white image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oblivion_6
    Seen as the boys so far have suggested the new telly i thought ide chuck in this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rtor&doy=29m11

Depending on the connectors your using and things this may not entirely work on its own you may need to convert it a wee bit

All in all the signal that eventually gets to your telly probs wont be that high a quality but its maybe a short term solution while you save up for a new telly

Wasnt 100% sure of what type of connector the ps3 runs on.
    If your not in a position to buy a new telly as you spunked all your money importing the ps3, i might be able to help you out.

I have one of these NTSC > PAL convertors going spare from years ago when i first imported my cube, would sell it for ?15 inc postage?

Comment

uh, it says in the first post he tried an NTSC->PAL convertor with no avail

Comment

LEt me explain- I've not gone mad or tight. The PS3 was bought for my nephew by my sister. I said I check it out to make sure it works-I told her that a PC would be better but there you go..

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
          uh, it says in the first post he tried an NTSC->PAL convertor with no avail
          Oh your right, why did he post he would look into them then? Wierd! Anyways maybe he wants to buy another one.

Comment

A long shor here, but a green screen over RGB Scart on the PS2 meant the machine was set to yPbPr mode (as they use the same pinouts). You had to manually set it to RGB. Does the PS3 not have such a selectable?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              A long shor here, but a green screen over RGB Scart on the PS2 meant the machine was set to yPbPr mode (as they use the same pinouts). You had to manually set it to RGB. Does the PS3 not have such a selectable?
              it does, its in the "Display > AV Multi or Scart" option

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion_6
                Seen as the boys so far have suggested the new telly i thought ide chuck in this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rtor&doy=29m11

Depending on the connectors your using and things this may not entirely work on its own you may need to convert it a wee bit

All in all the signal that eventually gets to your telly probs wont be that high a quality but its maybe a short term solution while you save up for a new telly

Wasnt 100% sure of what type of connector the ps3 runs on.
                Never EVER buy one of those, the picture you will get will be Sub RF quality. Its shockingly bad. Subjecting a next gen console to Anything but RGB (which is pushing it, HD is half of what your paying for with the console) is sickening.

Comment

Working...
                X