PS 3 Lost or stuck in Customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS 3 Lost or stuck in Customs?

I had a PS 3 shipped by EMS express on Monday.

It left Japan smoothly and arrived in the UK quickly - however it has been stuck in customs for the last TWO days. And the tracking info hasn't changed.

My tracking information says "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner".

Never had that one before when importing. So either customs are taking it to the highest level to charge me a fortune - or it has been lost (read: nicked by a customs official).

really worried - and pissed off with UK customs... anyone had this before?

Help appreciated.

Customs are stamping down on this it seems.

They've had loads under-valued, so they're taking a keen interest in PS3's and Wii's now.

Comment

I think they will more pissed off you are defrauding them

Comment

Damnit, I've got another one in transit at the moment. Not sure if it's been marked down or not. What's the JPN retail price in $?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
          I think they will more pissed off you are defrauding them
          bugger, what happens now then? am i going to have to pay a massive mark up or can they conferskate my PS 3?

really unhappy now

Comment

I just did a quick customs search about importing goods intended for another country.

I probably wouldnt worry too much yet until you know they have stopped it,although having a bit of knowledge about your rights (via Google) can't hurt.

Comment

Generally speaking, what's the best tactic for importing big machines like this? Be honest about the value? Mark it as "gift"? etc

Comment

Gift won't make any difference. If you mark it down and it goes missing, you can only claim for what it was marked as. It's something of a double-edged sword.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
                  Damnit, I've got another one in transit at the moment. Not sure if it's been marked down or not. What's the JPN retail price in $?
                  $1,199.00 on YesAsia for the 60GB version, if that's where you bought it

Comment

ncsx marked mine at $200 and this what the invoice said aswell customs opened my box took about 2 days before it left customs

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
                      $1,199.00 on YesAsia for the 60GB version, if that's where you bought it
                      No, I mean in a Japanese store. What's the official RRP?

Yes-Asia would have been good for avoiding customs, but alas they won't ship to the UK. I paid ?520 all in for a 60GB and RR7 from a guy in Japan. I could live with an ?80 customs tax on that I guess.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Why would customs charge tax on importing something illegal? Would they do the same with cocaine?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                          Why would customs charge tax on importing something illegal? Would they do the same with cocaine?
                          how is importing a ps 3 the same as a class drug?

Originally posted by jammi
                          ncsx marked mine at $200 and this what the invoice said aswell customs opened my box took about 2 days before it left customs
                          My tracking update for EMS hasn't updated in two days (worrying) - and that it its been stuck infront of a customs admin, who will put their own value on it - is a horrible thought...

Comment

As I have to send my PS3 back to the states, get it fixed, then shipped back to Europe, is there anyway I can avoid custom tax? I paid a big wad the first time it came through...now I own the system and am just sending it back for repairs.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler
                              As I have to send my PS3 back to the states, get it fixed, then shipped back to Europe, is there anyway I can avoid custom tax? I paid a big wad the first time it came through...now I own the system and am just sending it back for repairs.

Any ideas?
                              You're gonna have to pay again matey.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X