PS 3 Lost or stuck in Customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzla View Post
    Bah, I rang Bristol, who put me through to Customs, who put me through to Coventry.

There was no declared value so they've just held it, I've sent them the Paypal receipt and Coventry should release it to Bristol today with charges. Not much chance of getting it before Xmas now.
    What did you ask each of them mate? Might be an idea to ring up my local depot, so just need to know how to go about finding out about it.

Comment

I rang the main parcel force number, asked why it's still sat in the same location since 16th. They said it's at Bristol so I rang them. They said it's at Coventry (international hub) and gave me a direct line to someone at Customs there. They identified it as a Parceforce 24 package waiting for an invoice value. They gave me a direct number to the person who would deal with it there.

I rang them, they said I need to send a paypal invoice, I faxed it to them, rang to follow up and they'd received it (replacing the form they've sent me to declare the value). They'll release to Bristol with charges, I'll keep tracking and when it gets to Bristol I'll give them another ring and pay the charges over the phone and they can send it to me.

Edit, here's some numbers:

Customs at Coventry: 02476212800
      Parcel Force at Coventry: 02476213306
      Parcel Force at Bristol: 08700844534
      Last edited by Dazzla; 20-12-2006, 13:47.

Comment

I assume yours was actually showing as received by ParcelForce though? Gah, means I'm well outta luck....

Comment

Well yeah, do you not have anything like "Arrived in destination country"? The most recent one is "SENT TO STORE, AWAITING INFORMATION" but now I've given them everything I need it should progress from that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzla View Post
            Well yeah, do you not have anything like "Arrived in destination country"? The most recent one is "SENT TO STORE, AWAITING INFORMATION" but now I've given them everything I need it should progress from that now.
            Mine hasn't arrived in destination country, so I have no idea. I guess i'll be PS3-less this Xmas thanks to those tossers that handle the mail.

Comment

Advise guys!

Has it cleared customs yet? No mention of it. Wanna get any charges paid asap to speed up delivery.

Comment

That'll be out for delivery tomorrow I should think Shakey. Doesn't look like you've got charges but Parcel Fuc.. Force can make anything possible.

Comment

It's not the charges that worry me as such, but the idea of the package being delayed until after Xmas so they can send one of them little letters instead!

Comment

You should be able to collect in person and pay any charges at the depot. However, last time I did this, I went to the depot on three days to be told that they'd lost the parcel in the depot.

Deffo don't let them hold it over Xmas.

Comment

Its past customs, customs is within the international hub. Tracking suggests there is no charge so it must be marked as 10 bucks or summit. Expect delivery tomorrow or Friday if its on Parcelforce 24.

If its not out for delivery by Friday pick it up. Just take your tracking number to the depot with proof of ID and proof of address.

Comment

Mines said this for 3 days now Your item was processed and left our CINCINNATI, OH 45275 facility on December 18, 2006. I might see it sometime close to pal launch at this rate 3-5 day service my ass.

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday after being posted on Sat from China

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee64 View Post
                            Its past customs, customs is within the international hub. Tracking suggests there is no charge so it must be marked as 10 bucks or summit. Expect delivery tomorrow or Friday if its on Parcelforce 24.

If its not out for delivery by Friday pick it up. Just take your tracking number to the depot with proof of ID and proof of address.
                            It's Parcel Force 48 =/ But it does say Estimated Delivery Date is the 22nd (Friday).

Just in case, will Parcel Force be delivering Saturday (or even Sunday for Xmas?) this week? It's a bit hard to get the the depot from here, about an hour each way on the bus, though I'll do it if I got to.

Comment

Yes, parcel force will be delivering throughout the xmas period

Comment

Brill.

I have all next week off work see (till the 2nd!), so it'd be perfect if my PS3 was here for then.

Comment

Working...
                                X