No announcement yet.

Component splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made this post (with pictures) about the degradation of picture quality with the Farmer switcher:

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15
      Is the PQ effected by the splitter?
      I noticed a loss in quality using that splitter. When you look closely at I dunno... the Xbox 360 dashboard you can see very small
      pixilated dots.

I used to have one of these (but with phono audio inputs as well)?

http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/11416/

It was amazing for picture but I was getting slight sounds distortion through it.

After trying those 2 I?ve gone back to the old fashion trashing my room swapping cables around method until I can find a decent switcher. I might go for that Xbox 360 style one on play.com.

Is it out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Selix
        I noticed a loss in quality using that splitter. When you look closely at I dunno... the Xbox 360 dashboard you can see very small
        pixilated dots.

I used to have one of these (but with phono audio inputs as well)?

http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/11416/

It was amazing for picture but I was getting slight sounds distortion through it.

After trying those 2 I?ve gone back to the old fashion trashing my room swapping cables around method until I can find a decent switcher. I might go for that Xbox 360 style one on play.com.

Is it out yet?
        Stop moaning. I gave you that splitter for nowt anyway......some people.....LOL

Comment

I don't notice any loss in quality using that splitter, and I'm playing at nearly 200".

Comment

I've been looking for one too... from scouring the various threads on this topic, there doesn't appear to be much of a middle ground between the super-cheap Farmer one from Play Asia and super-expensive ones that most of us won't need once the world has eventually gone HDMI etc.

Although there have been comments from various NTSC-UK folk about the Farmer switcher being prone to interference, my hope is that it might be fairly stable for 480p at least.

I was tempted by the Joytech Xbox 360-styled one that has been recommended by several folk here... but it is such a lot of money for such a simple thing as an A-B switch box!

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
              i am...

Could you please not embed such a large image into your post. It ends up stretching everyone's post horizontally making the thread much more difficult to read.

I would quite like something like this (it retails for about $50) but I can't find anything available in the UK that matches that sort of balance between price and quality.

Comment

Yeah Crisp! FFS!! ya big hogger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiigan
                  I was tempted by the Joytech Xbox 360-styled one that has been recommended by several folk here... but it is such a lot of money for such a simple thing as an A-B switch box!
                  I got the Joytech 360-like one (AV Control Centre) and sent it straight back. It looked a lot worse than the cheap Farmer box I have. Ghosting, outlines and blown out colours on every input.

Comment

Working...
                  X