Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDTV for 360 - Around ?450 budget. Any recommends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I price matched a store in London at JL Glasgow.

Comment

Cheers Lyris. I'll let you know how I get on, hopefully have a nice new telly by the end of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
        Most HDTV are crap with SDTV console. So it is depend on how fussy you are. But 26 inch might make it more difficult to see the flaws. IF you have a decent CRT TV and the space and keep it for retro gaming. Use HDTV LCD/Plasma for PS3, XBOX 360 and DVDs.
        Does this apply to CRT sets too? I'm getting a 360 soon so I'd like to move to HD, but I have a load of old consoles I'd still like to be able to use without my eyes melting.

Also, where is the best place to look for CRT HD TVs?

Thanks for any help.

Jay

Comment

Also, where is the best place to look for CRT HD TVs?
          The United States

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
            The United States

Oh

What about one of these?

Jay

Comment

that's just a normal CRT TV isn't it, not one of the samsung hidef crts(which got very bad reviews(really bad geometry issues iirc))

Comment

ha ha whoops. Time for bed methinks.

Cheers.

Jay

Comment

The 32" Panasonic Viera TV I bough last year from John Lewis is now half the price (at ?600) and includes a free 5 year gurantee.

I'm very impressed with the TV but find that it's only on some of the HD channels (using Sky HD box) that you can tell the difference between HD & non-HD.

Comment

The move to HD is a nightmare. I'm actually thinking now of just using SD on my 360 when I get it. I don't want my Saturn, DC, MD, SFC etc to become unplayable just so the 360 looks nice

So how crap does a 360 look at standard definition on a CRT?

Jay

Comment

I've only had a little experience of using the 360 on an SDTV but it looks fine if you haven't had experience with a HDTV beforehand. The trouble starts after you have, because it isn't easy going back.

Comment

i dont think my older consoles look that bad on the 32wlt68

using the rgb scart socket going into a rgb splitter box

and they look fine

Comment

I agree, it obviously isn't the super pin sharpness of RGB on a CRT but it ain't bad at all.
                          I always think it has a similar quality to using S-video

Comment

Working...
                          X