Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesasia now not shipping Sony's Games to UK too???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beggers belief that they've made the PS3 region free as a supposed selling point to the hardcore importers/early adopters and then go and completely contradict that stance.

If US games go the same way then it drastically reduces my chances of picking up a PS3 throughout 2007.

Comment

We wouldn't have this problem if European releases weren't five to six months later than their US counterparts with major Japanese releases. It'd be even more unforgiveable in the UK with the PS3 when you consider the traditional television standard barriers are dissolving thanks to HDTV and 60hz only moves.

Comment

At the moment it's definitely limited to US releases but one thing I noticed last night was the wording that Sony products including consoles and games now no longer qualify for the tax free shipping.

Comment

Course they won't be exporting Sony items from overseas. Governments only support free trade when big corporations like them to, remember? Like weapons manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
            Beggers belief that they've made the PS3 region free as a supposed selling point to the hardcore importers/early adopters and then go and completely contradict that stance.
            I think it's more likely they made PS3 region free so that chip manufacturer's will no longer have a valid defence for chipping Sony consoles and will consequently be much easier targets for legal action.

Jay

Comment

Working...
            X