Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PS3 owner, a few questions if I may...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat, US playstation should be here April 14.

If I set a US account, will that limit me to only play US servers? Or this totally game dependant?

EG:

US PS3
    US Account
    PAL version of Motorstorm
    Physical location: Europe.

What will that do?

I ask, as if I can use my mastercard on a US account, I can't be arsed setting lots of accounts up....

Likewise, what is drawback of just setting up a European account? (On a US machine)

Comment

You lot could always try the PS3 IMPORT FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        I'm in the same boat, US playstation should be here April 14.

If I set a US account, will that limit me to only play US servers? Or this totally game dependant?

EG:

US PS3
        US Account
        PAL version of Motorstorm
        Physical location: Europe.

What will that do?
        In that instance you'll be tied to playing on the European servers as Motorstorm only lets you race with people with the same region type.

At the moment it's game region that dictates who you can play against although rumblings abound that's going to be sorted out soon (particularly for Motorstorm).

Likewise, what is drawback of just setting up a European account? (On a US machine)
        None really. If you've got Mastercard then you'll be able to get stuff off the US store. The only real drawback to a European account at the moment is the slight delay in movie trailers and games being released for it (they seem to hit the US one first).

To be honest setting up the multiple accounts doesn't take long and you can swap between them quite quickly once done. Doing that you'll get the best of everything.

Comment

Working...
        X