Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
    Originally posted by Valken
    Well if you don't mind learning how to program C++ then just use C++ with SDL and OpenGL libraries.
    Yeah, this is definately the way to go. Maybe a large step for a beginner though?
    Perhaps... it's worth learning C/C++ though even if it delays making the game somewhat IMO. I can speak from experience about how incredibly rewarding it is to spend a lot of time figuring stuff out and optimising code when you look at the final result and think "**** this kicks ass".

It's not even necessary to be a brilliant C++ coder... most languages are pretty much the same in basic control structure so one way or another you'll have to learn how to program. The language is mostly trivial. (ok, that's not totally true but on a basic level...)

Stuff like dark and blitz basic are definitely great though.

Comment

*HUGE BUMP*

Ok, so I'm also looking to make a game/interactive program of some sort for a project, similar to this actually:
      (http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...imagesoundplay)
      I'm tinkering around with a demo of Blitzplus with very poor coding skills and slowly getting to grips with things, but it's slow going.

Does anyone know if is is possible to create .exe versions of the code you produce or does BB always have to be open to actaully run the games that are made with it?

Is this still the best program to use to create 2D software with minimal coding skills?

Basically, what are everyone's experiences when it comes to whipping up your own games with little coding knowledge? What is the easiest/quickest program to use? Where are the best tutorials?

Thanks muchly

Comment

Working...
      X