This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    Are you saying that using these IOS files you can make your Wii compatible with the shop channel without using a firmware upgrade? The shop channel requires firmware upgrades to connect, which is why I ask.
    Could someone please answer the above? Thanks.

Comment

This might have been the case with the Oct update, but I think you need the new firwmare now. Bit hazy here though.

Comment

In theory, BootMii should allow anyone to freely install firmware updates, because you're no longer relying on the system menu to run the Homebrew Channel. This will be the long-term solution, I'm quite looking forward to going back home to my Wii in July and testing this.

I'm not aware of any downsides to upgrading to 4.0 as far as running imports goes, so people who are desperate might want to just do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
          Doh! Does that still apply even if I havent done any updates since September last year? The last thing I got from the Wii Shop channel was the Nintendo Channel when it was launched in May 2008, as I just couldnt be doing with the PAL 50Hz versions.
          I have tried looking into this and from what I can gather its not to do with if I have or havent been online since early last year, it all depends on what region shop I was last connected to before Nintendo's lockdown on 23 October 2008, is that right? So im stuck with a PAL shop no matter what? (So I wonder if in theory a 'virgin' Wii would be able to change the shop region?)

What a downer it almost makes someone want to go to the 'dark side' to get 60Hz Virtual Console goodness - why must Nintendo give us 50Hz versions. Why Nintendo, WHY! (Probably shouldnt be so bothered, expecially considering that I own the originals of most of the games I want to buy!)

Quick query then, is PAL WiiWare locked to 50Hz aswell, or are they set to whatever Hertz your console is set to?

...and once I have installed the Homebrew Channel is it safe to upgrade to 4.0 using the Wii settings update function? Or does it break any homebrew support? As I would quite like to have SDHC support.

Thanks again

Comment

Got another Wii...Damn Punch Out & Klonoa!

Before i set it up, is it best to update it to the latest firmware and then use Bannerbomb to install the HBC? I don't have a copy of Twilight Princess you see.

Comment

Hi mate,
              I reckon so. The new bannerbomb is easy as pie I did it yesterday. One quick word of warning that I found out myself - make sure you delete the files from the SD card root and the Bannerbomb exploit from the 'private' folder otherwise the SD card will lock up and crash whenever you go to SD Card Manager.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

Enoy bud - I was blown away but all the cool stuff you can now do with the Wii - USBLoader has got to be my fave

Comment

Have you seen the coverflow version of USB Loader?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Got another Wii...Damn Punch Out & Klonoa!

Before i set it up, is it best to update it to the latest firmware and then use Bannerbomb to install the HBC? I don't have a copy of Twilight Princess you see.

You can use bannerbomb to install homebrew with the firmware you are on then use starcube 4.0 to update the neccessary files to firmware 4.0 but leaving the homebrew goodies working.

Comment

Hi Smouty - yeah have got it installed currently, although got hold of some covers and think they are the wrong aspect as they don;t display properly think they're one pixel too big!
                        I just wish there was a way to transfer Wiiware etc. to the external hard disk as I've bough so much already my Wii is practically full!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Never heard of Starcube though, can't even find it online. Any ideas gents?

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                            I just wish there was a way to transfer Wiiware etc. to the external hard disk as I've bough so much already my Wii is practically full!
                            Isn't that the point of FW4.0? I thought you could move your Wiiware and VC stuff to SD.
                            I haven't had a need to install it yet though so I might be spouting

Comment

Hes talking about a Hard Disk though not an SD card.

Comment

Tried the TW hack on my 2.0J wii today and it couldn't recognise the system version

I had to update to 3.0J from Mario Galaxy and then it worked so I now have Gecko OS and GC Booter.

Any ideas if I'll have problems playing PAL Wii games on NTSC TVs?

Comment

Working...
                                X