This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Tried the TW hack on my 2.0J wii today and it couldn't recognise the system version

I had to update to 3.0J from Mario Galaxy and then it worked so I now have Gecko OS and GC Booter.

Any ideas if I'll have problems playing PAL Wii games on NTSC TVs?

If its through component i think its ok

Comment

Thanks. I'm just thinking about playing EU games when I get to Canada. Though the Canadian ones will be cheaper anyway I suppose.

Comment

Isn't that the point of FW4.0? I thought you could move your Wiiware and VC stuff to SD.
        Yeah, I was just musing over the ability to transfer it to a larger external usb hdd. Not all of it will transfer for some reason - most will, just a couple won't for some odd reason. But I've found a way round - you can just transfer the channels, but then have to go into the SD menu to boot it from there. The ones that do work are on the SD card but show in the main system channels menu. If that makes sense.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

You don't need GC Booster because the same GC booting code is in GeckoOS anyway

But you should be fine playing PAL games as long as they're 60Hz. If it comes to it, GeckoOS can force NTSC, though again this will only work on 60Hz games (and in the case of GC, you'll have to 'blindly' enable 60Hz cause you won't be able to see anything).

Comment

Thanks to the advice here I took the plunge.

The most interesting thing I've done so far is use Ocarina to remove the muddy filters from Manhunt 2. Now I can murder people properly!

Comment

Is it possible to get the SD card as a channel on the system menu with some sort of WAD? Have transferred quite a few of the games I've bought form the v.c store on there and don't really want to have to go into the SD menu everytime to boot them?
              Cheers
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Anyregionchanger won't work on firmware v4.0
                I didn't realise. So there's no way of downgrading now? Wish I'd backed up my wii using bootmii first

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Anyregionchanger won't work on firmware v4.0
                  I didn't realise. So there's no way of downgrading now? Wish I'd backed up my wii using bootmii first

Bannerbomb lets you downgrade from firmware 4.0

Comment

super.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                      Thanks to the advice here I took the plunge.

The most interesting thing I've done so far is use Ocarina to remove the muddy filters from Manhunt 2. Now I can murder people properly!
                      wait... what?

Comment

Yes what's that about? Can you enter codes to remove the filters?

Also while I'm downgrading using bannerbomb and patchmii, should I install the shop along with all the other IOS (apart from IOS35)?

Comment

I'm also trying to downgrade my Wii. I'm not entirely sure what it's doing, which I find a bit disconcerting.

I ran the PatchMii Downgrader. The first time it did something quite different to the recommendation of the guide. The second time it got to IOS32 (or thereabouts) and quit unexpectedly. I ran it again and denied each install to see if the other IOS were available to load, and they came up.

Why would it quit unexpectedly? Do I simply have to keep trying from th beginning until it manages it? Can I pick up from where I left off? Where is the point of no return with this?

Comment

Didn't know Ocarina could do that to Manhunt. Might have to dig out my copy and give it a try.
                            Can't see that it'll save the game but at least you'll be able to see what's going on.

Comment

Pat, just start again from the one that failed I reckon.

The instructions say install everything apart from IOS35. I didn't bother with news/forecast/photos cos I never use them. I'm still unsure if I should have loaded the shop channel, but hey, I did it anyway. I'm hoping I can now use anyregion changer to fiddle the shop channel and get back to JPN region having deleted the shop account. A bit dubious it will work, but worth a shot. System menu 3.2 here I come.

Comment

Seems Bootmii beta 2 is available now. Significantly, you can set a 'bootdelay' in the ini - Is this to make it auto-boot a selection (for example, the system menu) after a certain amount of time? I've not been able to use Bootmii yet, but it sounds like this'll help get around the lack of ability to use the Wii Remote by simply booting to the System Menu after a certain period of time anyway. If that's the case, I'm more inclined to install it when I go back home.

They've also improved SD performance, fixed compatibility with SDHC cards, and made it work on more Wiis.

Sounds like you still can't use Wavebirds on the Bootmii menu
                                Last edited by sj33; 29-05-2009, 13:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X