Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently they have updated the HBC to stop it vanishing after nintendo's little update if you upgrade your HBC to the newest version then it shouldnt vanish after you upgrade the firmware.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll give that a try tonight.

*crosses fingers*

Comment

Hey guys, trying not to hijack the thread but since I see Wii Fit mentioned a lot:

Will a UK balance board work with a US Wii? Due to the cost of shipping I never got Wii Fit but now you can get Wii Fit Plus solus, I would just buy that and a UK board/game (and throw the game out). So could someone first confirm that'd work?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Apparently they have updated the HBC to stop it vanishing after nintendo's little update if you upgrade your HBC to the newest version then it shouldnt vanish after you upgrade the firmware.
          Thanks for this. Worked a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ippikami View Post
            Hey guys, trying not to hijack the thread but since I see Wii Fit mentioned a lot:

Will a UK balance board work with a US Wii? Due to the cost of shipping I never got Wii Fit but now you can get Wii Fit Plus solus, I would just buy that and a UK board/game (and throw the game out). So could someone first confirm that'd work?

Thanks
            I have a PAL set running on an NTSC Wii. It never used to work correctly due to date formats but it is fine now. Tested it with Wii fit + (NTSC-U) too without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Qu-a-li-ty!!

Just done this so now I am running the latest Wii firmware and can still plat Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Sweet!!

Comment

Can someone clarify, what are the disadvantages of upgrading these days, as far as homebrew goes?

Comment

Could someone please direct me to a guide with full instructions on how to update a US softmoded Wii (currently 3.2U) to 4.1U? I need to update to 4.1U as I need to be able to use SD cards > 2GB and I'd also like the ability to play WiiWare/VC games from SD card. I've had a quick look around but some seem to be out of date claiming that the old way of doing it will brick your Wii.
                  Last edited by bcass; 31-10-2009, 22:30.

Comment

How do you update the HBC? Is there an option on the menu to do it automatically, or do you have to manually download it from somewhere?

Comment

HBC updates itself if you are online - or rather it asks you if you want to if there's an update available.

sorry bcass - can't offer you advice on where to look. You'll have to find it yourself (read the forum rules).

I have Sin and Punishment 2 on the way. If it needs newer firmware, what happens? Will it ask me if I want to install it - or just do it anyway from the disc? And if the latter will Gecko sort it all out for me? i.e. I just use gecko every time and I'll be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        sorry bcass - can't offer you advice on where to look. You'll have to find it yourself (read the forum rules).
                        Could someone just give up-to-date instructions on how to do it then, without linking to anything illegal?

Comment

Installing the homebrew browser allows you to install wads, so we can't give it out: "any members found providing information which could be used in any illegal capacity are subject to an immediate ban"

If MS and Nintendo had just made their consoles region free like Sony then things would have been a load simpler

Comment

Gargh! Help needed please. I updated my HBC to the latest and then updated my Wii to the latest FW (4.2) as i thought this was safe. Thing is, the HBC is still present and correct but now i can't boot into the bootmii/preloader menu and gecko no longer works, just crashes when attempting to load up

Am i buggered/how do i go about getting these things back working again?? Any help appreciated

Comment

Was Bootmii installed as boot2 ? If so the 4.2 update actually overwrites it, just install bootmii again and it should be fine.
                              The lastest version of Gecko is 1.9.3RC, this version doesn't try to load IOS249, which is a stub now, if you updated the firmware via official nintendo method. The old version of Gecko tries to load the last IOS available on the system (IOS249 or IOS250 is the max out number, irc), since stub are just placeholder it causes Gecko crash, if it loads it.
                              Last edited by Cornflakes; 13-11-2009, 08:34. Reason: sorry 1.9.3RC is the lastest gecko version

Comment

Yeah i installed Bootmii as boot2. Ah that's a relief, shouldn't be too hard to get back to before then. Cheers fella

Comment

Working...
                                X