Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can copy/paste on a PC, then you can do it.

Comment

What's the recommendation with regard to Wiiconnect24 with Homebrew Channel installed? Originally I disabled both it and the Standby Connection but when I went to look at the Wii Shop and Nintendo Channel last night I had to reapply the WiiConnect24 option. Is this safe or should I turn it off each time?

I left Standby Connection to off anyway.

Comment

You can hold down the power button to make sure it doesn't go into standby, even if you hae WiiConnect24 enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          What's the recommendation with regard to Wiiconnect24 with Homebrew Channel installed? Originally I disabled both it and the Standby Connection but when I went to look at the Wii Shop and Nintendo Channel last night I had to reapply the WiiConnect24 option. Is this safe or should I turn it off each time?

I left Standby Connection to off anyway.
          Well no-one really knows if it's a risk. It stems from a change in the ToS for the 3.4 update which implies that they have the right to update without informing the owner.

Comment

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the Homebrew Channel to recognise Gecko OS. The error says that it "isn't a wii application". I'm putting the files in the "apps" folder on the SD card. I've tried the new 107 version but it just doesn't recognise it. Am I doing anything wrong?

*Edit* Phew it turns out that I needed the newest beta 9 version of Gecko, works a treat now
            Last edited by Arashikage; 01-12-2008, 23:22.

Comment

Just wondering, anyone managed to get this working properly? I've tried virtually all the emus available for the Homebrew Channel and got them running OK, but this won't.

Comment

Yup just given it a try, runs too fast in 60hz you need to make your display do 50hz to get correct speed.

Make sure you place the kick 1.3 rom in the folder that has the adf & data folders in on the root of your sd card, make sure its labelled to kick.rom

i couldnt get it working at first, but once i knew where to put the kick rom it booted fine, pretty impressive speed for a first release.

If your running it on a ntsc console you can use any region changer to set your consoles video output to pal so it fixes the speed problem.
                Last edited by importaku; 04-12-2008, 11:29.

Comment

Thanks buddy. Works A-OK now. Not the most stable of emulators (seems, with me, just to loads early Amiga games, the ones which were basic ST ports) but, hey, it's an Amiga emulator.

Comment

Anyone know if Starfox assault works with Gecko OS or any other region free style things for that matter? Tried a US version on my JPN wii but after the game started the screen just stayed blank.

Comment

HBC v1.0 was released today.

Changes

* meta.xml now handles all ISO-8859-1 characters properly (you can use either UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 encoding, but UTF-8 is restricted to the ISO subset)
                      * Wiimote power button support (shutdown)
                      * Wiimote rumble honors system setting
                      * Fixed some crash bugs
                      * Fix meta.xml UNIX style newline regression
                      * All wiimotes work now, not just the first one (only one can point at a time though)
                      * Classic Controller support
                      * Nunchuk support (scroll only, using the stick)
                      * Guitar Hero 3 guitar support
                      * Left and right change pages too
                      * Hit 1 on Wiimote to retry the network connection (like clicking on the network icon or Z on the GC pad)
                      * Added information to the installer
                      * Fixed some networking issues with networking disabled (and possibly other bugs)
                      * Pushed in some text to avoid overscan crop
                      * Widened video width to match system menu ("black bars" fix)
                      * B returns from app screen (unless scrolling with B-hold)
                      * Try to initialize network earlier (slight speedup)
                      * Retry network initialization a few times
                      * Fix a networking issue (libogc problem)
                      * Reload stub now identifies itself (magic number, for future use)
                      * Support broken HTTP proxies in update check
                      * Show IOS revision in main menu
                      Last edited by smouty; 09-12-2008, 18:34.

Comment

I really am rubbish at this sort of stuff!!

Got the Twilight Hack installed on an SD card, no trouble.

Booted Zelda, loads save, screen goes black. Says that it has found boot.dol. Reading from block 409 and then I get:

err=c1000003, reply=00000900 000000000 10010084 00000200
                        err=c1000003, reply=80400900 000000000 0000019e 90010000

And the second line just keeps repeating for ever.

Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I'm running a PAL Wii with 3.4E but from what I've read that shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT: Nevermind. SD card I was using was dodgy. Tried another card and BINGO!!!
                        Last edited by teddymeow; 14-12-2008, 13:44.

Comment

Double Post <sorry>
                          Last edited by teddymeow; 14-12-2008, 20:20.

Comment

Ive got the homebrew channel installed on my wii, via the twilight hack, and am really pleased with it apart from being unable to go into the nintendo VC channel, as I havent upgraded the firmware to the latest version, was wondering how I go about solving this as I would like to be able to buy VC and Wiiware stuff but also keep the HBC and all the apps...can anyone help with this?

Comment

Jap Wii system menu update

Hi all - I'm a bit of a newbie at hacking Wiis, but has anyone got any ideas?

I have a Jap Wii that's been chipped (don't know type as I bought it from a shop in Hong Kong last November) but the Japanese system menu is stopping me using it fully - I can read japanese.

I've spent a few days learning about the hacks, and so far have update the system to Jap3.2, installed Homebrew channel, put Anyregion changer on an SD card and used it to change the video output to Pal (so I can play Tiger woods golf and see the whole screen).

But...I cannot update the system menu to Pal or US!. When I ask Anyregion changer to load the new menu it tries to access the internet to get the files, but I don't have Internet set up because I can't read the Wii menu to get it set-up!

I guess if I had a Homebrew application on the SD card that set-up the internet connection for me, or I could get the US or PAL system menu onto an SD card it wouldn't need the internet to get it. But I can't find these.

Any ideas?

Comment

From what i believe firmware 3.4E has been cracked so can any new wii use the TP exploit and get homebrew channel installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X