Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Xbox 360 slim

Comment

The slim 360 is a good effort. I assume the picture was taken shortly before it was switched on and burst into flames?

Comment

Actually, the case design on that slim model is really quite hideous. Still it must be difficult to mold your own plastic as an amateur, so nice effort.

Comment

Why would you wantto take out your DVD tray thou?

Comment

The heatsink wedged underneath the drive for the gpu is seriously hindered by the design of it all. Far too small. That's why Falcons onwards have an extra heatpipe out of thiers with a mini heatsink on the end. Still doesn't really help though.

By removing the drive you can have a much larger heatsink.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
              Why would you wantto take out your DVD tray thou?
              that's what i was thinking when i saw it. now its practically just a xbla console.
              i wonder how he is going to play disc games unless he managed to modify it to make external.

Comment

He attaches it when he needs it. Would look mug in the photo though.

Comment

Although the standard 360 is a bit of a dog in my eyes when it comes to case design, I'm not seeing this as any better on the aesthetic front. Surely on the reliability side of things, this can't help it in any way?

If I do ever buy another 360, I'd be surprised if I didn't get one of the custom Lian Lis cases. I know it looks like a but it's an improvement over the official case and if this is the only way to ensure noise free operation.

Comment

Dude, is there an easy QUIET fan upgrade I can do without modding the case? My DVD drive is pretty quiet, but my fans are monstrous (not sure if it's cpu or case fans or both). Way louder than before I sent it off for repair with MS.

Comment

Not without opening it no, although if you are careful it can be opened with the sticker intact. Quite hard though.

Stickers can be bought

If you do open it, you can tweak the cooling a little with the link i posted earlier on in the thread, but the best way would be to fit the Nidec fans. Whisper quiet, quieter than the Talismoon Whisper fans too

Ask Jebus as i put some in his.

I have a set of Nidecs here if you wanted to open it up.

Comment

It's a US machine out of warranty, already repaired, so stuff the sticker

What link? I can only see one to the slim360. erm.

Edit: found it.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 26-10-2009, 12:07.

Comment

Well, my 360 looks like this right now

Actually it looks a little more sparse cos the heat shroud, dvd and fans are out. Now just waiting for Nick to send me some quiet ones. Nick: in case you get this before my email: they are the 2 rows of 2.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 02-11-2009, 10:56.

Comment

All done, heat shroud mods done, nidec fans in, metal grill hacked off, metal lid removed.

The air coming out of the back is a fair bit hotter (which is good) and the rest of it is cooler. The fans are loads quieter than my old deltas which were like a plane taking off. Still not Xbox1 levels of quiet though. Silly MS.

Comment

Working...
                            X