No announcement yet.

XBox 360 - New User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah will try and get the sent later after all the football.

Comment

Sorry for the lareness, John. I've now sent you some cars. Namely the ZX Spectrum, Rez and Ridge Racer Ryukyu cars.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
        I'm not seeing any reason to not go old to be honest
        Since you have the secret to eternal life, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by JB@XL View Post
          Sorry for slightly hijacking the thread John but looking for the following answer.

If you have a limited edition console like the Halo or Resi evil and you get the rrod do microsoft replace with like,repair the original or do you end up with a white refurb.

They'll put a new mobo and drive in your casing John.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak
            Sorry for the lareness, John. I've now sent you some cars. Namely the ZX Spectrum, Rez and Ridge Racer Ryukyu cars.
            No need to apologise at all, I'm really grateful for them!

I thought it was just the decals you were sending but is it the cars as well? I think you've picked the perfect car for the Spectrum design.

I've not long been home from work but I'll have a look after thanks.
            Originally posted by charlesr
            Since you have the secret to eternal life, please share.
            I lick my own elbows!!

Comment

Yeah, John. You can only gift decals attached to a car... as far as I'm aware. I'm pretty sure that's the case. No worries. I have discounts on most car brands in the game, plus lots of funds due to making millions selling cars in the auctions

Comment

OK, I'm back again.

I'm trading in my old 360 for the MW2 edition which'll definitely be the last one I'll ever buy having ended up with a 2008 model with the one I've got now as I wasn't able to find anything later.

The earliest Resident Evil 5 special edition consoles I've been able to find details of was manufactured in February 2009 and the earliest manufacture date for the Forza 3 models is September this year which pretty much guarantees that I'll get a console produced September or later.

Apart from backing up my saves and profiles & also formatting my hdd is there anything else that I need to do before I hand it in?

Thanks.

EDIT:
                Oh and hoolak, thanks again for the Forza 2 stuff. I was half hoping there was some way I'd be able to transfer it to Forza 3 which I'm loving but no, not a chance.
                Last edited by JP; 25-10-2009, 18:02. Reason: .

Comment

I'm going to buy a 4GB Slim Xbox 360 this weekend, finally! I've done some research and I think I'm reasonably well informed but there are a couple of things I could use some help with:

1) I understand I'll be asked to link an email account to my gamertag. Is using an hotmail / msn account preferable in any way?

2) I live in Portugal but I'd like everything to be displayed in english. I also get most of my games from UK shops, if that matters. If I choose 'UK' as the country the console is set to, will the dashboard be in english? Also, if I do this, could I run into any problems when signing into Live or playing online?

3) I was given a 20GB HDD to get me started and I already have a T8 screwdriver and a plastic case for the HDD on the way. I've seen some videos on Youtube of people formatting their hard drives and, when it asks for the serial number, I should enter the one for my console, even if the hard drive was previously formatted on a different console, right? I've also seen videos where people get a 'There was a problem performing that action' error message. Have they made some mistake that I should avoid?

Comment

1) - Don't think it makes any difference. It doesn't even have to be a real email address. It's probably best you do use a genuine address though in case something happens to your account.

2) - Yes, if you choose UK as your location during the sign-up process, English will be the default language of your profile and all the Xbox Live features, Marketplace etc will be in English. Irresepective of this, you can still change the language of the dashboard to Portugese in the console settings, if required. You won't have any problems playing online.

3) - I'm not sure about this. I think when I dropped the 250GB drive from my old Elite into my new console, I didn't have to format it. I certainly don't recall dealing with serial numbers.

Comment

I believe there's some sort of integration with messenger so I think I'll use an hotmail account, in case there are other additional 'features'.

I've found out what the deal is with the asking to enter the console's serial number before the formatting of the hard drive begins:

This step helps guard against accidental formatting.
                      The lengths companies are willing to go to protect us from ourselves...

Comment

Working...
                      X