Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung DVD-N501 Nuon/Tempest 3000 Where&How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mate,
    thx for the info,talk about bad timing,I would have snapped one of those up for sure.Could you tell me can you play any region game on any region machine?
    ta famitsu1

Comment

You'd need a pal model from what Madbury says.

Madbury? How do you unlock the DVD region encoding?

Comment

Originally posted by famitsu1
        I'am guessing that as the N501 is a US machine that it doesn't have any RGB inputs/outputs and replys on S Video,would this be right?
        Alas yes.

Comment

the n501 also outputs thru component for dvd, not sure 'bout T3k thou.

and make sure you upgrade the firmware for the n501s. check the samsung site for the fix, dump onto cdr and load it up into the n501. sorted.

Comment

You have a link to that mate, I can't find it on samsung.com ?

TIA

Comment

OK peeps, this is what I found out.

There is a region hack for the DVD, which can be accessed by using an Aiwa hifi remote control. (Sounds bizaar I know). Or one of those all in one remotes set to an aiwa mode.

Even with the region lock removed the unit will NOT play PAL DVD's, so if you have a stack of PAL discs you're in trouble.

You can cold boot the 501 by holding down 2 of the front panel buttons and powering it up. I think that it will give you the firmware revision if you do this. The player I have seems to have a version which is in excess of the current update floating around the web.

The player has the normal for the US composite output.

I have the firmware upgrade iso on my machine here (just under 2MB) if anyone is interested PM me your email address and I'll send it out

Comment

Yeah I found the same with the remote hack, says "Region unlocked" or something on screen... and then won't play an R1 disk anyway :/

Will be pinging you for the ISO, cheers.

Chods

Comment

Working...
                X