Freesat or Freeview HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freesat covers most of Western Europe so you should be OK
    Although Freesat is really the software on the Freesat boxes that hold it all together such as EPG. The channels themselves can be received with any standard sat receiver.

Freeview = Aerial
    Freesat = Dish

Freesat HD is already available
    Freeview HD broadcast haven't started widely yet.

Comment

I'm being a bit of a noob but what I do know is:

The previous tenant had Sky dish (the funny single wire coming out of the wall).

I just bought a Freesat TV and plugged the funny single wire into the proper hole (he he) on the TV.

No reception for the freesat tuner and the tv doesn't recognise my postcode.

I guess this means there is a problem with the dish but I really know nothing about satellite dishes...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry again for being so stupid!

EDIT

Ok so it should be working but maybe the dish is broken or not aligned properly.

I am loate to get someone out to look but it may be the only way.

EDIT 2

Working now with no prompting.

BBC HD not as good as I was expecting.
      Last edited by ItsThere; 25-05-2010, 19:26.

Comment

I've some questions that hopefully someone can answer. At the moment I have a Sky HD box in one room and I've run a single coax from the Sky HD box into the next room so I can watch TV in there (obviously I can't watch a different channel to whatever is playing on the Sky HD box) but that suits me.

Now if I move to freesat, can I get freesat HD on my Sky HD box or will I need a new Freesat HD box?

Can I still watch TV in the other room if I move to freesat using the single Coax cable I've run from my existing Sky HD box? Think this is just going to the RF out on the rear of the Sky box

If I want the ability to watch one program while recording another over Freesat do I have to run any more cables as I currently have this ability via the Sky HD box or is it simply a case of unplugging the Sky HD box and plugging in a dual tuner Freesat box to the same cables?

Thanks
        Last edited by Unwell Cat; 26-07-2010, 20:54.

Comment

I got V10 and it is freesat HD. so I think you already got Freesat HD.

Comment

Working...
          X