Has anyone tried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superkully
    Microsoft ban your MAC address, which means the machine is banned.
    That wouldn't be so bad, as i could always buy a new PAL xbox just for live.

My problem is that I don't have a switch on my chip (Saurian doesn't like to put them in), and I don't have a PC to flash the bios either.

Comment

tankplanker is right, its the serial no (and nothing else) that gets banned.

square - its easy enough to fit a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
        square - its easy enough to fit a switch.
        I wouldn't be too happy doing it ? I've never touched a circuit board

What I need to know is: if I go on XBL right now with only a chip (Xecutor v1) installed, no new dashboard, hard disk or anything, will I get banned?

Comment

yeah, your serial no. will be blacklisted within a week.

Comment

Gah!

Looks like I need to find a local switch-fitter type person then >_<

Cheers for the information tho

Comment

I know someone who used to keep their eprom permanently set to ntsc as they thought this made certain games run faster, and they also used xbox live and werent banned even after a week

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                I know someone who used to keep their eprom permanently set to ntsc as they thought this made certain games run faster, and they also used xbox live and werent banned even after a week
                The initial Live kits were regionless, so whether that means all is well or not depends on whether the region was changed before Live was installed.

I'd read that changing to NTSC after registering Live on a PAL machine can get you banned, which is why I'm voicing caution.

There are other possible **** ups aswell though.

Comment

Working...
                X