Grim Fandango and other Lucasarts Adventure games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRMacumber
    But, what I *am* saying is that I cut my point-and-click teeth (thought at the time there was no pointing, only arrow keys and text) gaming with Sierra's titles. King's Quest, Space Quest, LLS, and then later on with Gabriel Knight (my all time favorite adventure game series). They were my first, and so they have a place that no other company can have.
    I'm with you here... Plus Quest For Glory.

I never played Gabriel Knight... I always wanted to, and I thought I'd love it, but I can't find it for download, and any copy on ebay goes for stupid money.
    Besides, I doubt I'd be able to run it on XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
      I never played Gabriel Knight... I always wanted to, and I thought I'd love it, but I can't find it for download, and any copy on ebay goes for stupid money.
      I really loved the Gabriel Knight games. The first one was your normal point and click sprite-based game, but it just oozed charm and personality. The second one came in just as people were starting to hate FMV games, yet I think it did it really well. Just the right amount of brains and cheese. I'm playing on the third one now, and so far it's not all that great as far as gameplay goes, but the story is nice and I like the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
        Originally posted by JRMacumber
        But, what I *am* saying is that I cut my point-and-click teeth (thought at the time there was no pointing, only arrow keys and text) gaming with Sierra's titles. King's Quest, Space Quest, LLS, and then later on with Gabriel Knight (my all time favorite adventure game series). They were my first, and so they have a place that no other company can have.
        I'm with you here... Plus Quest For Glory.

Gabriel Knight... stupid money? Nooooooo!!!!! I took this along with about twenty other PC games from the 90's to the charity shop..... Still got Grim Fandango though, just need to find a way of running it on Me...

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
          Gabriel Knight... stupid money? Nooooooo!!!!! I took this along with about twenty other PC games from the 90's to the charity shop..... Still got Grim Fandango though, just need to find a way of running it on Me...
          Hey, no worries.
          Seems that I'm wrong. The CD version's going for around $20 on eBay US, which still isn't bad for such an old game.

Comment

Working...
          X