Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing faulty PS2 laser (phat system)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, this is great! Ask away! My old unit used a 400R, and I ended up replacing it with a 400B, so now I'm trying 400R again. Whatever you do, be wary of the place on ebay selling them for a fiver. Electronics_UK they're called, or something like that.

I messaged people from their feedback list, everything who ordered the PS2 lens said it didn't work, but because it was only a fiver they just gave good feedback when it arrived and assumed it was their PS2 which was at fault.

Comment

Just bought one of those. I'll let you know how it all goes. Not in any particular rush though, I have discovered PC2SX and at the moment its playing Stella Deus just fine.

Comment

There's a bad batch floating around because today I got an email from TheGameTrain, who said that after the massive number of returns they're refunding my money without needing it to be sent back - which is great.

Comment

Damn, thats annoying. I'm hopefully not gonna be affected. Normal shops are charging nearer ?25-?30, which is quite a bit.

Might buy a slim ps2, will the FreeMCBoot work on those?

Comment

Compatibility is not good and it doesn't work at all on some later models.

Comment

Working...
            X