Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCSX2 now with triple/quad thread support! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing Okami at 1080p res. Amazing experience, love it. I've been running the latest SVN without the MTU hack though and its still rock solid.

The emu is brilliant, I have a large back catalogue of PS2 games I'm gonna be working through on this program.

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
    Do games run more smoothly if they are from an iso, rather than from the dvd drive? Im not sure If I need to convert my ps2 games to iso. I have slight issues with glitchy sound, other than that, its fantastic
    Yes, ISO runs much much faster. DVD is a real cap on the performance of the emu. As for glitchy sound, there was a new plugin update for the sound that might not be selected by default. You want version 2.0.0 of the SPUX2, that reportedly fixed quite a few issues.

Originally posted by dogen View Post
    http://www.kikatek.com/product_info....ucts_id=145013

Guys, above is my laptop and specs. Any chance PCSX2 will run on it? I'm specifically thinking Final Fantasy 12, but I'm doubtful it will run to be honest. Thanks.
    It might struggle I think. I have a similar spec laptop and in anything but standard res it doesn't cope with much. That being said it was with the older releases so maybe the newer ones have some performance enhancements. I also didn't play around with the speedhacks too much so it might be worth a go. As I said earlier in the post though, ISO is a must.

Finally, make entirely sure in the plugin selector you choose the best GS version your CPU can support. The more advanced the instruction set it can use the much better the performance. Hence the newer i5 and i7 cpus getting a decent performance boost.
    Last edited by Adrock; 02-04-2012, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      Yes, ISO runs much much faster. DVD is a real cap on the performance of the emu. As for glitchy sound, there was a new plugin update for the sound that might not be selected by default. You want version 2.0.0 of the SPUX2, that reportedly fixed quite a few issues.
      Well I just ripped my GSD: Rengou Vs Z.A.F.T II Plus, to my hdd and switched to this SVN release, and ive noticed dramatic increases in speed and sound quality. Amazing.

Must rip more to test! I hope Gradius V will run perfectly

Cheers Adrock!

Comment

Gradius V runs fantastic! So happy!

Comment

I have some images of Okami at 1080p res. I'll need to share them once I get onto my other computer, the difference is amazing.

I actually upgraded my pc to an overclocked i5 just so I could play these kind of games at super resolutions. I'm gonna complete Okami and then move onto something else. DQ8 at the highest res also looks very good, this is exactly how the games deserve to be played.

Comment

This is pretty amazing. My standard i5 and really rubbish gfx card was playing Katamari Damacy at 640x480 at 55fps.

Comment

For avoidance of doubt, can I have the link for the latest version?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                For avoidance of doubt, can I have the link for the latest version?
                SECOND TO THAT AS WELL PLEASE!

Does this also support res higher than 1080p? I would love to see what it can do on my 27" Dell with a res of 2560 x 1440!!

Comment

The one I just downloaded lets you specify custom rendering resolution

Comment

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php - Thats where the latest bleeding edge ones are. The last stable release doesn't support most of what we've been talking about.

Comment

Missing some files which sit in the "Bios" folder.

Can I use my old ones or do I have to find updated ones?

Comment

Old bios files should usually work.

Comment

absolutely amazing this is!

think it's time to get my ps2 games off my mate who borrowed them far too long ago.

Comment

How do you change the res? Couldn't get it to move away from 530xY (can't remember exactly)

Comment

Need to change the internal res, the setting is within the graphic plugin settings.

Comment

Thanks to Charlesr for reminding me about this, I've just tried this for the first time and it plays everything really really well.
                                But what I'd like is help optimising the games that I play cause it doesn't look quite right on my Dell 27" 2560x1440 monitor.
                                Basically, I want to try and make everything look nicer and more HD like.

Any help or links to help me much appreciated.

Here is my PC...

Host Machine Init:
                                Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
                                Physical RAM = 16296 MB
                                CPU name = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (overclocked to 4.5GHz)
                                Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
                                CPU speed = 3.391 ghz (8 logical threads) (overclocked to 4.5GHz)
                                x86PType = Standard OEM
                                x86Flags = bfebfbff 1f9ae3bf
                                x86EFlags = 28000000

x86 Features Detected:
                                MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

My GPU is a ATI Radeon 6950 2GB!
                                Last edited by phillai; 21-05-2012, 11:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X