No announcement yet.

40-42" LED for gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly it doesn't make any sense though it will stick until the end of times, and if someone says it you know what is implied....depending on what company you keep I guess.

Comment

point taken.

The PSX thing doesn't annoy me so much but is something I do notice and sometimes, in my sillier moods, laugh at as I doubt whether the person even knows what a PSX actually is. How did it even come about anyway?

Comment

Allegedly it was a code name used during development phase standing for Playstation Xperimental. Maybe.

Comment

Yeah, it's like calling the Wii the Revolution though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            This is what quite a few people here use, getting hard to find now
            http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...7Cprd:17469787
            Cheers - i'll check that out.

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
            Just a question but why an LED?
            A few weeks ago I picked up a 42ST30 plasma. It's great for blu-ray and SD, but I want something for 100% gaming and i'm seeing dithering and phosphor lag to the extent that it detracts from the experience. Motion in 30fps games is also poor - Halo is a jerky mess when panning. I'm not a big fan of LED, but i'll take poorer blacks and blur over this.

Comment

I can vouch for this TV, I spent a while looking for the perfect TV for games and this is it. You're unlucky too because it was recently on eBay for ?300. I managed to pick it up a few months ago for ?320, if you keep looking you're bound to find one around this price again.

Comment

What about this one? It has great user reviews and is a Bargain
                Samsung LE40D503 - ?330 delivered from Sainsburys
                Last edited by 'Press Start'; 27-01-2012, 13:39.

Comment

I wish I knew how the standard LCDs performed. We didn't get to review any in 2011 because Samsung is only sending out LED LCD (and if you ask nicely enough, PDP) sample products. A real shame, because I wouldn't be surprised if they're excellent (although the 2010 models weren't great for lag).

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                    Cheers - i'll check that out.

A few weeks ago I picked up a 42ST30 plasma. It's great for blu-ray and SD, but I want something for 100% gaming and i'm seeing dithering and phosphor lag to the extent that it detracts from the experience. Motion in 30fps games is also poor - Halo is a jerky mess when panning. I'm not a big fan of LED, but i'll take poorer blacks and blur over this.
                    I know this is a little old, but I had a Panny Plasma 42ST30b and ended up swapping it for my parents three year old Panny LCD TX37LZD70 because of that reason. No need to worry about screen burn and imagine retention, the screen was a like a big mirror on the plasma and as you say the dithering and phosphor lag was pretty distracting in games. I think Plasma is better for films, but games look better on an LCD in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X