No announcement yet.

PSP Go CFW help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got ps1 games working now :hoorah!: (I suspect the problem was the eboots I downloaded were corrupted) is there any way to get ps1 games running full screen on the go?

edit: sorted hit home button for screen size options lol.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 18-03-2013, 17:37.

Comment

Having trouble installing Resident evil 2, downloaded disc 1 & 2 eboots, unzipped them, but having trouble installing them on my go, having only installed single disc games previously I'm lost as how to get this working?

do I create two folders in PSP/GAME for the game? one for each disc? Or merge them into one somehow? I tried dragging disc one and two into the same folder and the pc wouldn't have it as both files were the same name, it suggested renaming one as bin2 or something, but the game just shows as corrupted data this way, can someone help please?

Comment

Separate folders under PSP/GAME. Name one folder Disc 1 or Leon, and the other Disc 2 or Claire. Resident Evil 2 won't be a problem, they never ask you to swap discs, the only time you would need to is to play the B scenarios, or load a save under the different character- it's all done through the save system.

Load Disc 1 or Leon to play Leon A or B
        Load Disc 2 or Claire to play Claire A or B

You just load the appropriate disc, go to load game and away you go.

Resident Evil 2 is straightforward, something like MGS is less so- that requires you to go into your menu and select "change disc" at a point. On the PSN version that's easy as they're all one file, but ripped exports might not be as easy- something like that probably had patched complete 1 file eboots to d/l so they're more like the PSN version.

Comment

I'll give that a try, thanks. :crosses fingers:

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Separate folders under PSP/GAME. Name one folder Disc 1 or Leon, and the other Disc 2 or Claire. Resident Evil 2 won't be a problem, they never ask you to swap discs, the only time you would need to is to play the B scenarios, or load a save under the different character- it's all done through the save system.

Load Disc 1 or Leon to play Leon A or B
            Load Disc 2 or Claire to play Claire A or B

You just load the appropriate disc, go to load game and away you go
            I tried this, and can't get it to work just shows as corrupt data on my psp. Any ideas?

Comment

You're definitely putting the discs in two separate directories within PSP/GAME.right? The two discs should be treated as separate games.

e.g.

PSP/GAME/Resident Evil 2 Disc 1/eboot.pbp

And

PSP/GAME/Resident Evil 2 Disc 2/eboot.pbp

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                You're definitely putting the discs in two separate directories within PSP/GAME.right? The two discs should be treated as separate games.

e.g.

PSP/GAME/Resident Evil 2 Disc 1/eboot.pbp

And

PSP/GAME/Resident Evil 2 Disc 2/eboot.pbp
                Yes, exactly that^ still shows as corrupt.

Comment

Bizarre. More corrupted eboots?

Comment

Dunno, I've tried a ripped eboot and a psn eboot and neither work...

Comment

To be honest, you've had more problems with this that I've ever had! It's quite bizarre!

I'm not really sure what to say though, to be honest. Presuming that you've got them set up the same as you've got the other files set up, then it should work. =/

Comment

Could it be the Go causing the problems?

When doing a little research into this (for my PSP 3000) a lot of sites said the go has compatibility issues with custom firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Could it be the Go causing the problems?

When doing a little research into this (for my PSP 3000) a lot of sites said the go has compatibility issues with custom firmware.
                          Im far from being an expert on the subject (as is obvious) but I'm running psp go specific custom firmware so I don't think it's that? It does seem odd that I'm having so much trouble though, I've checked and checked and checked again that I'm doing things correctly, and still some games won't work *shrugs* I resent buying another copy of resi 2 as I've bought at least four versions across various formats and regions over the years, but I may have to go legit and buy a copy from the US psn. I'll be ****ed if I know why it doesn't work?
                          Last edited by SuperDanX; 20-03-2013, 19:19.

Comment

Well, it's kind difficult to fix without looking at it, unless you want to send it to me so I can sort it out, I don't know what else to recommend!

It's not anything to do with the custom firmware, so it's either the files themselves or the file directories... I personally think its the files.

For me, for my PSP games, I rip them to ISO from my old phat PSP, and for ps1, I use a program called clone cd, that just rips the eboot from your original ps1 disc.

Maybe try that rather than downloading other people's eboots?

Comment

*pirate mode engaded* I no longer own a physical copy of resi 2 I'm afraid *pirate mode off* they can't all be bad eboot uploads?

Comment

Working...
                              X