No announcement yet.

Recommend Me ADSL Modems/Routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The td-w8970 is really good value for money, besides you can reconfig one of the ethernet ports as a wan port, if you planning to move to fibre or cable net access some day.
    The only thing i don't like about TP-Link routers are their menu, but you probably get used to it.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I was in Maplins yesterday and although at their high street prices I couldn't afford it they did have the TP-Link W8980 and looking at that it too seems very well specified. Even if it will somewhat future proof me if I decide to use the wi-fi I'm not sure I can justify paying the extra over the TP-Link W8970, principally for the 5GHz option. A bit tempted though.

Edit:-

Have just ordered the TP-Link W8980 from Dabs.com for ?78 delivered. But that is typical online from almost everywhere else too. Also TP-Link are promoting it with a ?10 iTunes voucher offer so with that it works out only ?15 more than the W8970. I reckon the extra cost for dual band maybe worth it in the long run.

Once I get it up and running which might not be for a couple off weeks I'll report back here my experience with the machine. Hopefully nothing negative.
      Last edited by fallenangle; 19-05-2013, 14:41.

Comment

Working...
      X